Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    poukaj is on a distinguished road

Default Unanswered: CMD theme package failed

Unanswered: CMD theme package failed

I have a web application with a custom theme linked. Whenever I save, I get this error message. What's really odd is that I'm not getting any errors in the log.

I get:
    Code:
    [INF] -after-generate-package:[INF] [x-property-file] Updating property file: C:\Users\Jen\Desktop\Sencha\AllApps\packages\ext-theme-neptune-37b15680-332a-49b4-aa46-8695b89698ed\.sencha\package\sencha.cfg
    [INF] 
    [INF] generate-theme:
    and then it just stops.

I get a css file named xt-theme-neptune-37b15680-332a-49b4-aa46-8695b89698ed.css, and it does function, but I'd expected it to save with my chosen theme name (Which is not this.)

On a potentially related note, my constructed index.html page looks a bit off:
    Code:
     <!-- <x-compile> -->        <!-- <x-bootstrap> -->
                <link rel="stylesheet" href="bootstrap.css">
                <script src="null/ext-dev.js"></script>
                <script src="bootstrap.js"></script>
            <!-- </x-bootstrap> -->
            <script src="http://cdn.sencha.com/ext/gpl/4.2.1/ext-theme-neptune.js"></script>
            <script type="text/javascript" src="app.js"></script>
        <!-- </x-compile> -->
    index.html does not load my app, so I know something's going wierd, here. Any suggestions?

Sencha - Architect Dev Team
    Answers
    Vote Rating
    jminnick has a spectacular aura about jminnick has a spectacular aura about

can you elaborate a little on "Custom theme linked?"
    Jason Minnick
    Sencha Architect Development Team

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

In Architect 3, you have the ability to apply a theme, and customize it. In Architect's library resource page, I have a custom theme shown as 'applied', with a name I designated within Architect. I'm referring to this as 'linking'.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

For the reference of anyone else having this issue:

when the cmd theme package fails, take a look at the workspace root where your project is saved. It appears that Architect 3 saves a build folder here, as opposed to in the project folder or the designated publish folder.
    You'll find the built CSS theme file in this folder structure, in a folder labeled 'resource'. (You'll find a relative path in bootstrap.css. Follow it from /build/ in, and you'll find the css file.)

Unless there is some setting that allows you to define where this build folder goes, you'll need to manually move the css file into your resource folder in your publish path, and manually change bootstrap.css if necessary to point to it correctly.

Answers
    Vote Rating

Quote Originally Posted by poukaj View Post
    For the reference of anyone else having this issue:

when the cmd theme package fails, take a look at the workspace root where your project is saved. It appears that Architect 3 saves a build folder here, as opposed to in the project folder or the designated publish folder.
    You'll find the built CSS theme file in this folder structure, in a folder labeled 'resource'. (You'll find a relative path in bootstrap.css. Follow it from /build/ in, and you'll find the css file.)

Unless there is some setting that allows you to define where this build folder goes, you'll need to manually move the css file into your resource folder in your publish path, and manually change bootstrap.css if necessary to point to it correctly.
    This is not correct. You shouldn't have to manually move anything. The build folder should definitely be in the project folder as a sibling to /app.

Can you pull up a Cmd prompt and run "sencha diag show" in the app folder?
    Jason Minnick

Vote Rating
    teriandev is on a distinguished road

This question shouldn't be marked as ANSWERED. Because as Jason said, we shouldn't move anythong manually.
    Terian S. de R.L. de C.V. - México www.terian.com.mx
    Science - Innovation - Technology

Sencha User
    Answers
    Vote Rating
    Cybjorg is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote Originally Posted by jminnick View Post
    Can you pull up a Cmd prompt and run "sencha diag show" in the app folder?
    I'm having the same problem. When I run "sencha diag show" I get the following:

Code:
    [WRN] Failed to resolve package ext-theme-neptune-f92cc8fe-12f2-470e-b1b1-978de12e018f
    [ERR] Theme "ext-theme-neptune-f92cc8fe-12f2-470e-b1b1-978de12e018f" not found
    I'm not sure why it's throwing up this error, as I can see the referenced file in the theme folder. When I shut down Architect and restart, I get the following error:

Code:
    Failed to load package /Applications/MAMP/htdocs/test_author/packages/ext-theme-neptune-f92cc8fe-12f2-470e-b1b1-978de12e018f - this package is missing the .sencha folder, which means it was not generated with Sencha Cmd and will therefore not be able to be used in the build process.  Please use an updated version properly generated with Sencha Cmd.
    I'm not sure how this could be the case, since the file in reference was generated using Sencha Architect 3.

Sencha User
    Answers
    Vote Rating

It seems that deleting the old theme and reapplying a new theme did the trick; Cmd was able to successfully create the theme package. Now to go change all my variables again. :/

Sencha User
    Answers
    Vote Rating

Scratch that. After creating a new theme, closing Architect and reopening, I get the "Failed to load package" error again.

Answers
    Vote Rating

Quote Originally Posted by Cybjorg View Post
    I'm having the same problem. When I run "sencha diag show" I get the following:

Code:
    [WRN] Failed to resolve package ext-theme-neptune-f92cc8fe-12f2-470e-b1b1-978de12e018f
    [ERR] Theme "ext-theme-neptune-f92cc8fe-12f2-470e-b1b1-978de12e018f" not found
    I'm not sure why it's throwing up this error, as I can see the referenced file in the theme folder. When I shut down Architect and restart, I get the following error:

Code:
    Failed to load package /Applications/MAMP/htdocs/test_author/packages/ext-theme-neptune-f92cc8fe-12f2-470e-b1b1-978de12e018f - this package is missing the .sencha folder, which means it was not generated with Sencha Cmd and will therefore not be able to be used in the build process.  Please use an updated version properly generated with Sencha Cmd.
    I'm not sure how this could be the case, since the file in reference was generated using Sencha Architect 3.
    Are you removing your .sencha directory somehow?
    Jason Minnick