Sencha - Architect Dev Team Phil.Strong's Avatar
    Answers
    Vote Rating
    Phil.Strong is just really nice Phil.Strong is just really nice Phil.Strong is just really nice Phil.Strong is just really nice

Default Unanswered: Using Cmd workspaces with Sencha Architect

Unanswered: Using Cmd workspaces with Sencha Architect

Workspaces are designed to support multiple pages that need to share frameworks, packages and other code, read more

Pros and Cons for workspaces
    Pros:
    Share frameworks and code between apps
    Uses less space on your HD

Cons:
    Apps become more tightly coupled to each other; e.g. upgrading framework means you must do so for all apps
    Architect is just starting to support Workspaces so your mileage may vary

Note however that you can have multiple workspaces for say ExtJS 4.1, 4.2, Touch 2.2, 2.3

How to setup and use workspaces with Sencha Architect

Create the workspace
    cd to framework folder
    sencha generate workspace path/to/workspace

New project
    Be sure to setup the workspace prior to creation of your project
    Create and save your project inside the workspace folder
    Find and select library in the inspector (under resources)
    change the Library Base Path to ../ext/ (or ../touch/ for touch)

Existing project
    move the existing project into the workspace directory
    Find and select library in the inspector (under resources)
    change the Library Base Path to ../ext/ (or ../touch/ for touch)
    Phil Strong
    @philstrong
    #SenchaArchitect
    Sencha Architect Development Team

Sencha Premium Member
    Answers
    Vote Rating
    worthlutz is on a distinguished road

This fixed the problem which required me to change index.html after every save. The path to the library always came out "undefined".

Now how can I get "bootstrap.js" to point to "../ext/" instead of "ext/"? It must be changed every time.

Worth

Sencha - Architect Dev Team Phil.Strong's Avatar
    Answers
    Vote Rating
    Phil.Strong is just really nice Phil.Strong is just really nice Phil.Strong is just really nice Phil.Strong is just really nice

Yeah this is a bug that needs to be patched.
    Phil Strong
    @philstrong
    #SenchaArchitect
    Sencha Architect Development Team

Sencha Premium Member
    Answers
    Vote Rating

Now I've watched it, "bootstrap.css" gets changed by Architect and Cmd and will get different values from each.

Cmd puts a value pointing to the last build and Architect's is something from the framework.

I'm not sure what it should be. After the first build it always worked ok before this upgrade.

Worth

Vote Rating
    teriandev is on a distinguished road

Default I did it, but still doesn't work.

I did it, but still doesn't work.

Hi..

I've just installed Sencha Architect 3 but I'can SAVE, PREVIEW or BUILD an APP.

I created the workspace:
    Code:
    "C:/Documents and Settings/Progress Developer/bin/Sencha/Cmd/4.0.1.45/sencha" generate workspace C:\wamp\www\intercompany\senchadev
    Now in C:\wamp\www\intercompany\senchadev I've got the ".sencha", "ext" and "packages" folders.

I've create an App in Sencha Architect 3 called "MyApp" and save it into C:\wamp\www\intercompany\senchadev, now a new folder is created (C:\wamp\www\intercompany\senchadev\MyApp).

So when I pressed the SAVE Button this is the Console Output:
    Code:
    4:47:42 PM
    "C:/Documents and Settings/Progress Developer/bin/Sencha/Cmd/4.0.1.45/sencha" generate app --refresh=false MyApp "C:/wamp/www/intercompany/senchadev/.sencha/workspace/myApp/"
    El sistema no puede hallar la ruta especificada.

C:\wamp\www\intercompany\workspace\webitc\apps\devitc1001>cd /D "C:\Documents and Settings\Progress Developer\Configuración local\Datos de programa\Sencha\Sencha Architect 3.0\assets\ext42\4.2.1.883\commercial" 

C:\wamp\www\intercompany\workspace\webitc\apps\devitc1001>"C:/Documents and Settings/Progress Developer/bin/Sencha/Cmd/4.0.1.45/sencha" generate app --refresh=false MyApp "C:/wamp/www/intercompany/senchadev/.sencha/workspace/myApp/" 
    Sencha Cmd v4.0.1.45
    [INF] Workspace does not have framework null at C:\wamp\www\intercompany\senchadev ... copying
    [ERR] Failed to determine framework name.  Please ensure this command was issued from either a framework or application directory
    When I pressed PUBLISH this is the Conlose Output:

Code:
    4:48:48 PM
    "C:/Documents and Settings/Progress Developer/bin/Sencha/Cmd/4.0.1.45/sencha" app build testing

C:\wamp\www\intercompany\workspace\webitc\apps\devitc1001>cd /D "C:\wamp\www\intercompany\senchadev\.sencha\workspace\myApp" 

C:\wamp\www\intercompany\senchadev\.sencha\workspace\myApp>"C:/Documents and Settings/Progress Developer/bin/Sencha/Cmd/4.0.1.45/sencha" app build testing 
    Sencha Cmd v4.0.1.45
    [ERR] Command must be run from an application folder
    4:48:51 PM
    xcopy "C:\wamp\www\intercompany\senchadev\.sencha\workspace\myApp" "C:\wamp\www\intercompany\publish" /exclude:C:\DOCUME~1\PROGRE~1\CONFIG~1\Temp\exclude.txt /s /e /y /d /i

C:\wamp\www\intercompany\workspace\webitc\apps\devitc1001>xcopy "C:\wamp\www\intercompany\senchadev\.sencha\workspace\myApp" "C:\wamp\www\intercompany\publish" /exclude:C:\DOCUME~1\PROGRE~1\CONFIG~1\Temp\exclude.txt /s /e /y /d /i 
    C:\wamp\www\intercompany\senchadev\.sencha\workspace\myApp\app.js
    C:\wamp\www\intercompany\senchadev\.sencha\workspace\myApp\build.settings
    C:\wamp\www\intercompany\senchadev\.sencha\workspace\myApp\index.html
    C:\wamp\www\intercompany\senchadev\.sencha\workspace\myApp\theme\ext-theme-classic-55e4c3db-7b23-4784-a147-091756baa33b.css
    4 archivos copiados
    As you can see, I'm unable to run my App... I don't know what's wrong?

Is there anyway to avoid the workspaces and generate the App in its same directory?

How can I workaround this?

Thanks in advance.

Vote Rating

Quote Originally Posted by worthlutz View Post
    Now I've watched it, "bootstrap.css" gets changed by Architect and Cmd and will get different values from each.

Cmd puts a value pointing to the last build and Architect's is something from the framework.

I'm not sure what it should be. After the first build it always worked ok before this upgrade.

Worth
    Yes... Where is "bootstrap.css"? In Architect 2 I hadn't problems PREVIEWING or PUBLISHING... It worked at the very first time...
    Terian S. de R.L. de C.V. - México www.terian.com.mx
    Science - Innovation - Technology

Sencha Premium Member
    Answers
    Vote Rating

Did you run
    Code:
    sencha -sdk path/to/sdk  generate app MyApp path/to/myApp
    before your saved your Architect project to the application directory in the workspace?

You do this from the workspace and the sdk is copied to the workspace if it is not already there.

Then you save from Architect to the app directory.

Example:
    Code:
    cd ~/projects/
    sencha generate workspace myWorkspace
    cd myWorkspace
    sencha -sdk path/to/sdk/touch generate app myApp myAppDir
    cd myAppDir  # this is the directory where you save your Architect project
    then you should be able to work from there.

Worth

Vote Rating

Well I've installed the Sencha Architect 3 in a Win 7 Ultimate x64. It installed also Sencha CMD and Sencha Ext Framework (Some screen tel me that).Do I really need to create a Workspace? Where is installed the Sencha CMD in order to add to the PATH environment variable?
    Terian S. de R.L. de C.V. - México www.terian.com.mx
    Science - Innovation - Technology

Sencha Premium Member
    Answers
    Vote Rating

No you do not need to use the workspace.

Read the Docs here for Cmd: http://docs.sencha.com/cmd/4.0.0/#!/guide/command

Workspaces are described there. I use a workspace because I have extjs and touch app which share stuff.

I have found that I can create an App with "sencha generate app" (with -sdk ...) as described in the docs and then save my Architect project there. That is how I am working now. I do not know what this new version of Architect generates automatically with workspaces, etc. I just try to get the project set up as required by the Sencha way of doing things so the build commands work as i am not good at figuring out what is wrong when they don't.

Worth

Sencha User
    Answers
    Vote Rating
    phani.gutha is on a distinguished road

Hello Phil,
    Is there way to load a sencha cmd project to Sencha Architect 3.

Let us say i have developed some part of application with out Architect. ( project is created,built using sencha cmd).
    Now i have sencha architect and like it. now i don't want to develop my application from scratch.

Can you please let me how to do this.

Thanks,
    Phani