Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    Answers
    diractor is on a distinguished road

Default Unanswered: Can the ListPaging Plugin from Sencha Touch be used in ExtJS 4.2

Unanswered: Can the ListPaging Plugin from Sencha Touch be used in ExtJS 4.2

Hi there,

I have been playing around with Sencha Touch for a while and liked the functionality of the Ext.plugin.ListPaging to load an unpredictable number of images into a dataview.

Now I want to make a similar image browser in Ext JS that loads the next page of images when the user scolls towards the end of the page, similar to what you can see at Googles Image Search.

So my question is: Can I use this plugin also with Ext JS ? Does the new bufferedrenderer grid plugin or the buffered store make any sense here?

Sorry for asking newbee questions but any hint would be highly appreciated.

Thank you!

Sencha - Support Team
    Vote Rating
    Answers
    Gary Schlosberg has a spectacular aura about Gary Schlosberg has a spectacular aura about Gary Schlosberg has a spectacular aura about

Using a grid with buffering might be the way to go, since a dataview doesn't have similar infinite scrolling. You could use a single column grid with a hidden header:
    http://www.sencha.com/forum/showthread.php?174633
    Get on the Fast Track with Sencha Training http://sencha.com/training

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    Answers
    diractor is on a distinguished road

Default Grid with one column

Grid with one column

Hi Gary,

thank you for your reply. Yes, I was thinking about abusing the buffered grid to achieve this. But actually I wanted to have a dataview that dynamically adjusts the number of pictures per row to the width of the browser window. This would probably be possible by modifying the number of grid columns during runtime.

In the meantime I am playing around with the scroll event of the dataview dom element and load the next page into the store when scrolling reaches the end of the page. The disadvantage of this method is that memory consumption increases the further you scroll and that the DOM also grows and the UI becomes less responsive the more pictures you load.

So in the end of the day adjusting the number of colums dynamically would be the way to go. I just do not know yet, if this is possible, but it actually should be.

Thread Participants: 1