Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    ebart is on a distinguished road

Default Sencha app build causes color shift in PNG images

Sencha app build causes color shift in PNG images

Running "sencha app build" is causing a color shift in the png copied into the production resource folder. The problem does not occur with jpg. It seems Sencha CMD is altering (optimizing) the image. The binary code has changed.

It's a fresh ExtJS 4.2 application generated with Sencha Cmd v4.0.1.45. The image is located in "resources/images" of the application folder.

I've been trying to find where I can control how and where Sencha CMD optmizes images. Can someone explain what's going on and/or point me in the right direction for solving this?

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

It seems Sencha is taking an old version of the png somewhere from some cache. Perhaps it has to do with my development setup. I'm developing (and running) my sencha application inside a Debian virtual machine with VirtualBox on Windows. The source files are mounted (type vboxfs) from my host filesystem (for editing in my IDE). It seems the Java WatchService (that Sencha probably uses) isn't notified when files are modified on my hosts drive. Compass however doesn't have this problem.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

So this wasn't an issue with Sencha CMD. I'm running my application inside a Debian virtual machine on a Windows 7 host using VirtualBox. Since I want to use my native IDE the source code is located on my host machine. The source is mounted through vboxsf. Sencha CMD is installed on my virtual machine. For some reason this setup causes some kind of caching issue with the vboxsf mount causing sencha CMD to copy older cached files. If I unmount and remount the correct files are copied.

Sencha - Support Team
    Vote Rating
    Gary Schlosberg has a spectacular aura about Gary Schlosberg has a spectacular aura about Gary Schlosberg has a spectacular aura about

Glad to hear you figured it out, and thanks for taking the time to post a follow-up.
    Get on the Fast Track with Sencha Training http://sencha.com/training

Thread Participants: 1