1. #1
    Sencha Premium Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    228
    Vote Rating
    132
    seade is a name known to all seade is a name known to all seade is a name known to all seade is a name known to all seade is a name known to all seade is a name known to all

      0  

    Default sencha app upgrade fails - Sencha Cmd (0.0.0.0)

    sencha app upgrade fails - Sencha Cmd (0.0.0.0)


    Sencha Cmd v4.0.1.45
    OS X 10.9
    Ext JS 4.2.1.883
    Execution of "sencha app upgrade" fails:
    Code:
    ...
    [INF] Updating application and workspace from Ext JS 4.2.1.883 / Cmd 3.0.0.250
    [ERR] com.sencha.exceptions.ExScript: Wrapped java.lang.NullPointerException (x-app-upgrade#369)
       runAppUpgrade (x-app-upgrade:369)
       [anonymous] (x-app-upgrade:454)
       x_app_upgrade (x-app-upgrade:452)
       <script> (anonymous:1)
    [ERR] 
    The application was last modified by an older version of Sencha Cmd (0.0.0.0)
    the current is 4.0.1.45.
    Please run "sencha app upgrade" to update to 4.0.1.45.
    The problem also occurs when running "Upgrade Build Tools" in Sencha Architect 3.0.0 (Build 1337). But it also occurs when run directly via sencha cmd.

    Steps to reproduce: Problem occurs if I retry the upgrade
    Expected result: The upgrade should complete
    Debugging already done: I have removed/commented out a UX that was being mentioned in some of the errors. The problem persists.

    It would be nice if I could get past this problem so that I can move onto getting the UX working again in SA3.

    Thanks for any assistance you are able to offer.

    Scott

  2. #2
    Sencha Premium Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    228
    Vote Rating
    132
    seade is a name known to all seade is a name known to all seade is a name known to all seade is a name known to all seade is a name known to all seade is a name known to all

      0  

    Default Defining app.cmd.version in sencha.config seems to fix

    Defining app.cmd.version in sencha.config seems to fix


    .sencha/app/sencha.config contained
    Code:
    workspace.cmd.version=4.0.1.45
    I changed this to:
    Code:
    app.cmd.version=4.0.1.45
    And I can now execute
    Code:
    sencha app upgrade
    I actually manually compared and merged the contents of the entire .sencha directory manually (based on a blank generated project) in order to spot this so there was probably not much to update.

    Hope this helps someone.