Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    Jay Ahuja is on a distinguished road

Default Auto Refresh DashBoard

Auto Refresh DashBoard

Hello,
    I am making bug tracking Project in that what i want to do is if admin update any bug then at that time user dashboard should update dated automatic in short i want to say is real time update, i had created using setinterval but it is not efficient because every 5 or 10 sec ajax call is done if update is done than also.

Thank you

Sencha - Support Team scottmartin's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future

When you say realtime .. do you want to implement somthing like this?

http://jwebsocket.org/
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uk9wCmYffgw

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

Auto Refresh DashBoard

No I don't want to implement any 3 party software.
    i want to update dashboard if admin update any bug which is assign to user.
    any solution please guys

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    tanmayasahu is on a distinguished road

Hi Jay, You can use Ext.util.TaskManager for your problem if you want to refresh your dashboard in a particular interval. Otherwise if you want to refresh the particular dashboard which have been updated by the admin, then you can store a flag with timestamp in the database, and in aparticular interval check that flag table by using Ext.util.Taskmanager. If there is new flag to be refreshed is exist in the flag table and that is matching any particular opened dashboard then you can refresh that dashboard. May this approach can help you...ThanksTanmaya

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

Hello TanmayaThank you for replay, i had tryd your solution using set interval function in Javascript.According to you at fixed interval i have to call database if update is not done than also but is not efficient because this will increase load in database.except this any solution ?? Thanks Jay Ahuja

Sencha - Support Team scottmartin's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future

If you do not want to poll the DB, the you will have to RYO.

Vote Rating
    Misiu is a jewel in the rough Misiu is a jewel in the rough Misiu is a jewel in the rough

What is Your server side?
    Without knowing any technical details we wont be able to help.
    There are many solutions for node.js, for example http://socket.io/
    For ASP there is http://signalr.net/
    there probably are solutions for PHP.
    Without one of those solution Your only option would be Ext.util.TaskManager (set interval) and doing ajax requests every n seconds.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    tanmayasahu is on a distinguished road

Hi Jay, If you dont want to call db in interval you can create a global object in front end to keep a trace of latest change. On specified interval you can check that object and can refresh your dashboard.May this will help you...ThanksTanmaya

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

Auto Refresh DashBoard

Hello Misiu
    in my server side is c#. after going through all site i came to know that,have to use web-socket except that there is no solution. Thank You misiu for help
    Hello Tanmaya
    On server side am using c#, your solution is totally different, i will go through that also will update here also.
    Thanks for help
    Hello scottmartin
    you are right brother except that there no solution.
    thanks for help

Vote Rating
    aw1zard2 has a spectacular aura about aw1zard2 has a spectacular aura about

You don't have to poll the database using the TaskManager. Just poll the backend with a database update if flags are different.

We check a timestamp flag that is global in our jsp environment, which is set upon any update and if its different from our user session variable then we grab info from the database, set the user session timestamp flag to equal the timestamp flag for our enivronment and return the data.

We have it a bit more compelx then this but this is the simple way of doing it.

Hope this helps.