Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    keith_d99 is on a distinguished road

Default Unanswered: Ext 4 .Net and Visual Studio

Unanswered: Ext 4 .Net and Visual Studio

Hi all,

We have a architecture that needs upgrading from ExtJs 2. Currently we use ExtJs with WCF Services.
    We are current assessing whether to upgrade to 4.0 or chose a different javascript framework.

Are there any architectural examples of how ExtJs sits with MVC.Net or ASP.net?

Another concern I have - if a UI is designed in Sencha Architect, then edited in Visual Studio - can it be re-edited in Sencha Architect???
    Or how well does ExtJs integrate with Visual Studio?

Thanks in advance,
    Keith.

Sencha - Support Team scottmartin's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    Answers
    scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future

You may want to have a look at: http://www.ext.net/

As for external editor support, you can edit external JS/CSS files and overrides created in SA3, but no generated files.

You will most likely not get the flexibility you are looking for with an external editor.

I have no experience with VS.

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    keith_d99 is on a distinguished road

Hi Scott,Thanks for the reply! I meant to mention ext.net - I have seen that and looks to work with MVC.net nicely. It seems that ext.net versions seem to follow on very quickly from new ExtJs versions. What confuses me is licencing - they are treated seperately. We already have a licence for Sencha Complete.Is there no relation between the 2 products?Thanks,Keith.

Sencha - Support Team scottmartin's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    Answers
    scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future

There is no relation that I am aware of other than the obvious use of software.

I would recommend you contact our Licensing Dept ( and perhaps Ext.net ) for clarification.
    licensing@sencha.com

Thread Participants: 1