Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    Marcello Dias is on a distinguished road

Default Trying to figure out my ideal toolbox.

Trying to figure out my ideal toolbox.

What I´m thinking about Sencha JS.

Hi,I´m a former Delphi/Clipper/Cobol programmer that haven´t been programming for 5 years by now,since I´m working as a CEO, but a programmer is always a programmer and I want to spend my “spare time” doing ERP development.
    I have no doubt that SaaS is not a tendency but an obligation ,and that JavaScript based frameworks are the only choice for those who want to run it in a Browser, in any O.S ,and use the same language both in the View and Controller sides.
    Up to now I have decided to study NODE.JS for Controller side(although I´m really not sure if this architecture of just one thread and billions of callbacks will be so complex that it won´t pay for the performance gain).
    In the client side I´ve been reading about Angular.JS ,Ember.js and EXTJS.
    Every Day the computer programming world is taken by assault by a new concept, ones are really necessary and other are fad made by people who are more used to teaching in universities than living in the real world.
    For me I really need something that I can make have use of OOP, where I can separate the concerns(MVC) and that I can deploy in a Saas way.

FADS:ORM(The Vietnam of computer programming),AOP(Too much magic and collateral effects for something that is really a little problem using OOP and visual form Inheritance.)
    What I´m liking in ExtJS if (compared to Angular.JS )for example is that almost all concepts of OOP are ALREADY implemented, less magic and more power and Control.
    I think even implementing this new “CALLBACK EVERYTHING” paradigm can be easier and safer to implement If you make heavy use of OOP and visual form Inheritance .
    I didn’t have a closer look at Ember.JS but it seems when it comes TO OOP there is not even close of EXTJS by now.
    And of course Sencha also is kilometers ahead in terms of GUI and debugging tools too.
    Unfortunately software in Brazil is really expensive(especially if the company makes the silly thing of having a sales representative instead of selling it directly),so If I found something open source that fulfills my requirements I would probably not using EXTJS.
    I´m still trying to figure out what would be my ideal toolbox(Those technologies that I´ll have to master),any guidance(even if you think I´m old fashioned and retarded) are acceptable.

Sencha - Support Team scottmartin's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future

Hi,I´m a former Delphi/Clipper/Cobol
    Delphi - Used this for years; DevEx was the best VCL lib!
    Clipper - Yep, I am that old too .. S'87, DBIII, etc
    Cobol - Never got the 'privilege'

As for your toolbox, ExtJS is a great choice for creating apps.
    Now you just need to find a backend you like and your favorite editor. I like phpStorm myself.

I cannot give you any comparison with other JS frameworks, as I jumped right over to Ext from Delphi. ( excluding a short PHP detour )

Good luck in your venture!

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

Quote Originally Posted by scottmartin View Post
    Delphi - Used this for years; DevEx was the best VCL lib!
    Clipper - Yep, I am that old too .. S'87, DBIII, etc
    Cobol - Never got the 'privilege'

As for your toolbox, ExtJS is a great choice for creating apps.
    Now you just need to find a backend you like and your favorite editor. I like phpStorm myself.

I cannot give you any comparison with other JS frameworks, as I jumped right over to Ext from Delphi. ( excluding a short PHP detour )

Good luck in your venture!
    In fact I worked with Cobol for just an year, by 1988 people said Cobol was going to Die,so I´D rather learn another language, gurus used to say that in ten years(1998) the world would even not need many programmers any more, since modern tools would generate programs automatically.
    We´re in 2013,My Folks still program in Cobol,Clipper and Delphi are dead,the world never needed so many programmers as now,and you´ve to study much more than before(One or two languages,two or three frameworks ,one database,version control systems,design patterns.
    Gurus should be burned like they did with the witches.

Sencha - Senior Forum Manager mitchellsimoens's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute

A note about node.js, you can kind of make it multithreaded via clusters: http://nodejs.org/api/cluster.html

My experience with other frameworks is they aren't architected very well. There is a key difference between Sencha frameworks and other frameworks and that is with Sencha frameworks you code in JavaScript and we handle the DOM. Other frameworks you have to rely on the UI elements created in HTML (with custom attributes for things) and the JavaScript then goes through and makes it do what it needs to do. I personally think staying in JavaScript is a better route than working in both, I want the framework to create the DOM for me. Also, the APIs of EmberJS and AngularJS are flat were developing in an OOP fashion with Sencha frameworks feels much more mature to me. Just some quick thoughts.
    Mitchell Simoens @SenchaMitch
    Sencha Inc, Senior Forum Manager

Think my support is good? Get more personalized support via a support subscription. https://www.sencha.com/store/

Need more help with your app? Hire Sencha Services services@sencha.com

Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out Sencha Touch in Action that is in print!

When posting code, please use BBCode's CODE tags.

Touch Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    LesJ is a glorious beacon of light LesJ is a glorious beacon of light LesJ is a glorious beacon of light LesJ is a glorious beacon of light LesJ is a glorious beacon of light

I'd chose JS libraries in this order of preference.

Ext JS > Ember.js > AngularJS

AngularJS feels more like a programming language than a framework.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

Quote Originally Posted by LesJ View Post
    I'd chose JS libraries in this order of preference.

Ext JS > Ember.js > AngularJS

AngularJS feels more like a programming language than a framework.
    So do I.At least until this moment.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

Until this moment I think that Angular.Js is more for simple Sites that have an enourmous amount of access without using much code.(E-Commerce for example)
    For data driven applications, very complex data models(ERM/CRM) Ext.JS is alone in the JavaScritpt Battlefield.
    Did I get the right picture?

Vote Rating
    mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Marcello Dias View Post
    Until this moment I think that Angular.Js is more for simple Sites that have an enourmous amount of access without using much code.(E-Commerce for example)
    For data driven applications, very complex data models(ERM/CRM) Ext.JS is alone in the JavaScritpt Battlefield.
    Did I get the right picture?
    Echos my feelings

Think my support is good? Get more personalized support via a support subscription. https://www.sencha.com/store/

Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out Sencha Touch in Action that is in print!

Touch Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    LesJ is a glorious beacon of light LesJ is a glorious beacon of light LesJ is a glorious beacon of light LesJ is a glorious beacon of light LesJ is a glorious beacon of light

AngularJS is a competitor to Backbone or Knockout and it would be used if you need to work a lot with HTML templates.

Ext JS is a leading component framework with a strong data package. Ext JS is much better suited to working on large Intranet or B2B applications. AngularJS would be a good framework to use on websites.

Ext JS is self-contained. AngularJS would typically be used with add-ons such as RequireJS, jQuery, Highcharts and others.

Vote Rating

Quote Originally Posted by LesJ View Post
    Ext JS is self-contained. AngularJS would typically be used with add-ons such as RequireJS, jQuery, Highcharts and others.
    LesJ, this is often the deal breaker for me. I don't mind using the small/micro frameworks for web sites (Sencha uses jQuery for some things), they are great products for what they can do. But when you have to start cobbling different code together is where it can get real messy and of course not everyone codes very well. This can also cause poor performance.

On the flip side, Ext JS can be too heavy for some needs, gotta pick the right tool for the job. Why use a wrecking ball when you can get by with a hammer.

film izle

hd film izle

film sitesi

takipci kazanma sitesi

takipci kazanma sitesi

güzel olan herşey

takipci alma sitesi

komik eğlenceli videolar