Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    sloewen is on a distinguished road

Default Unanswered: Build is not copying app.css file

Unanswered: Build is not copying app.css file

Hi there,
    I am attempting to build a Sencha Touch (2.3.0) application as a web app using Sencha Architect 3.0.1 and Sencha Cmd 4.0.1.45. This application was just upgraded from Sencha Architect 2.2.3, and the app.css file is getting generated in my application's "resources/css/" folder ok, but it's not getting copied into my build folder.

I did, however, realize that if I rename the "app.css" file to "sencha-touch.css", it copies it to the build folder just fine. I looked in my app.json file, and lo and behold, it is looking for a sencha-touch.css file. I updated it to use the app.css file instead, ran the "sencha app refresh" command to make sure the bootstrap file got updated, and then tried the build again. But after the build, the file still did not get copied, and the app.json was reverted to looking for sencha-touch.css.

Does anyone know why this would be happening?
    Any help is greatly appreciated, thanks!

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    shopeel is on a distinguished road

I'm having a similar issue. I use Architect and do most of the development for our app, and my partner does his work in resources/sass, but since the upgrade to Architect 3, our custom theme CSS no longer is included by default.

My hacky workaround was to add resources/css/app.css as a custom CSS resource in Architect. Then, I deleted the entire contents of resources/css/sencha-touch.css and replaced it with a benign comment. (If you don't do this, then the sencha touch code is loaded into the document and competes with your custom app CSS).

I would love to know the "correct" way to make Architect use app.css in lieu of sencha-touch.css.

Sencha - Support Team
    Vote Rating
    Answers
    greg.barry has a spectacular aura about greg.barry has a spectacular aura about

Moved to Architect forums.

Thread Participants: 2