Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    prem1er is on a distinguished road

Default Compile exclude/include

Compile exclude/include

Hi. I'm new to Sencha cmd. I'm building a multi-page web application, that doesn't use a ton of exjts functionality, but does use pieces of it for data display and dom manipulation. Right now in my JSP pages, I'm including ext-all-debug.js for testing. When I move to production I would like to include a custom ext js file that contains only namespaces (functionality) that I need. Am I correct in assuming this can be accomplished with Sencha cmd? And if so what is the best way to go about figuring out which namespaces I need or don't need? TIA.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    prem1er is on a distinguished road

bump. anyone?

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    slchorne is on a distinguished road

you are correct that using sencha command will build you a minimal ext.js with just the classes you need.

but be warned:

ext-all-debug.js seems to contain additional methods and code that sencha command doesn't use, and you can't just run a dev environment that uses the monolithic file. (I got burnt by discovering that 'Ext.encode' was redefined in different ways)

so you have to port everything to use sencha command and possible a new/different set of library files.

so, after you've ported to using sencha command, you will need to re-valdate all your code to check for odd errors.

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    ahmedmohammed is on a distinguished road

Default DO we need to include ext/src folder

DO we need to include ext/src folder

I am also new for sencha CMD. I am investigating in incorporating sencha cmd in creating a production version deployable archive file.
    So when i run sencha cmd with classpath pointing to ext js folder, it generates ext-all classes.js file and new version of index.html page. Does this includes all the ext classess i/n it?Or do i need to include the ext/src folder in the archive? And when u mention library file does it mean ext files

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Thread Participants: 2