Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    smuthu01 is on a distinguished road

Default sencha compile error(java.lang.NullPointerException)

sencha compile error(java.lang.NullPointerException)

Hi All,

I am getting java.lang.NullPointerException error when i try to run sencha compile. The problem just because of following line,

Ext.define('MyApp.view.Main', {
    extend: Ext.os.is.Android ? 'Ext.tab.Panel':'Ext.Panel',

If i remove the Ext.os.is.Android ? then no error during sencha compile. Mean following code is working,
    Ext.define('MyApp.view.Main', {
    extend: 'Ext.tab.Panel',

Can anyone know the reason?

Sencha touch: 2.3.1
    SenchaCmd: 4.0.1.45d

cmd.png

Thanks,
    Muthu.S

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    icebergdelphi is on a distinguished road

I'm in the same problem, i updated to architec 3.1 and cmd 4.0.1.45 and all my sencha project crash down:com.sencha.exceptions.BasicException: java.lang.NullPointerException at com.sencha.exceptions.BasicException.wrap(BasicException.java:51) at com.sencha.ant.AntScript.execute(AntScript.java:132) at com.sencha.command.plugin.PluginManager.execute(PluginManager.java:93) at com.sencha.command.plugin.PluginManager.executeReverseFirst(PluginManager.java:134) at com.sencha.command.environment.BuildEnvironment.execute(BuildEnvironment.java:245) at com.sencha.command.environment.AppOrPackageEnvironment.execute(AppOrPackageEnvironment.java:399) at com.sencha.command.BasePluginCommands$BasePluginCommand.doExecute(BasePluginCommands.java:23) at com.sencha.command.app.AppCommands$BuildCommand.execute(AppCommands.java:130) at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method) at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source) at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source) at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source) at com.sencha.util.MethodInvoker$Arguments.invoke(MethodInvoker.java:175) at com.sencha.cli.Command.dispatch(Command.java:42) at com.sencha.cli.Commands.dispatch(Commands.java:64) at com.sencha.cli.Commands.dispatch(Commands.java:64) at com.sencha.command.Sencha.dispatch(Sencha.java:80) at com.sencha.command.Sencha.main(Sencha.java:148)now i can not build for android , what a bad plan

Sencha - Support Team
    Vote Rating
    fmoseley is a glorious beacon of light fmoseley is a glorious beacon of light fmoseley is a glorious beacon of light fmoseley is a glorious beacon of light fmoseley is a glorious beacon of light fmoseley is a glorious beacon of light

Are you trying to make a web app production build or native package app?
    What is the exact command you are running?
    Get more personalized support via a support subscription.

Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out
    Sencha training
    Sencha Touch in Action

Need more help with your app? Hire Sencha Services services@sencha.com

When posting code, please use BBCode's CODE tags.

Need to include a test case use:
    The official Sencha Fiddle

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    icebergdelphi is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by fmoseley View Post
    Are you trying to make a web app production build or native package app?
    What is the exact command you are running?
    Thanks, i'm trying make native android app, i use sencha architec build android app menu.
    Last edited by icebergdelphi; 18 Jan 2014 at 10:41 AM. Reason: Bad

Sencha - Support Team
    Vote Rating
    fmoseley is a glorious beacon of light fmoseley is a glorious beacon of light fmoseley is a glorious beacon of light fmoseley is a glorious beacon of light fmoseley is a glorious beacon of light fmoseley is a glorious beacon of light

extend: Ext.os.is.Android ? 'Ext.tab.Panel':'Ext.Panel',
    Will not work because it's trying to understand what it's extending. Cmd doesn't execute any javascript so it's not understanding that. it expects a string
    Get more personalized support via a support subscription.

Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out
    Sencha training
    Sencha Touch in Action

Need more help with your app? Hire Sencha Services services@sencha.com

When posting code, please use BBCode's CODE tags.

Need to include a test case use:
    The official Sencha Fiddle