Hybrid View

Thank you for reporting this bug. We will make it our priority to review this report.
    Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    Malte123 is infamous around these parts Malte123 is infamous around these parts

Default Ext.draw.Component - some Template Function-Calls missing

Ext.draw.Component - some Template Function-Calls missing

Ext version tested:
    • Ext 4.2.1 rev 883
    Browser versions tested against:

Mac OS X 10.6
    • Opera 12.16
    • FireFox 26.0 (firebug 1.12.5.0 installed)
    • Safari 5.1.10 (6534.59.10)

Description:
    • The expected behavior of Template-Functions like startDrag, b4startDrag, onStartDrag doesn't apply. It seems they are not called. In general there is a big difference to console.log(this) between overriding Templates of Ext.panel.Panel and Ext.draw.Component.
    Steps to reproduce the problem:

The result that was expected:
    • Should log in console: "startDrag", "b4startDrag" and "onStartDrag"
    • Icon should move around
    The result that occurs instead:
    • Doesn't output log because related template-functions are not called
    • Icon is not draggable around
    Also: Documentation isn't up to date - it seems like someone stops working on this trunk - but it isn't marked as BETA-Code like needed.

Sencha - Support Team
    Vote Rating
    Gary Schlosberg has a spectacular aura about Gary Schlosberg has a spectacular aura about Gary Schlosberg has a spectacular aura about

Thanks for the report. I'm not sure you are utilizing the API correctly in your Fiddle. You are configuring your Ext.draw.Component object with a ddGroup and groups, which don't seem to be valid configurations for it. Further, the draggable configuration should be boolean or a ComponentDragger object. The ComponentDragger does not list events for startDrag, b4startDrag, or onStartDrag. It does offer the following (among others) which might prove helpful: dragstart, beforestart, drag.
    Get on the Fast Track with Sencha Training http://sencha.com/training

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    Malte123 is infamous around these parts Malte123 is infamous around these parts

Thanks for response
    ... is there a Link I can easily understand what you are talking about ?

I didn't search for my way to do this terrible mistake - but I think there is a reason. Maybe you can see this if you review related docs.
    I remember, I got problems by building a cardgame where I try to generate draggable items within a template (instead known DOM-Docs) to get in DOM of draggable items known by extjs.
    That was the reason I thought about: It is a game - games uses Sprites and no Items :-)

I think my real problem causes on terrible grown item-objects (100-200) all are on one page:
    http://www.sencha.com/forum/showthre...ores-dropGroup

But I cannot figure out what is the real way to do this - for me it is the right way because the difference from draggable Panels to Draw Components is not significantly - isn't it ?
    Finaly also this wasn't my solution I hoped for.
    Maybe you can give me a direction to go forward thinking ... (it is not needed to find a complete solution for me - I cannot see the borders/envision this the right way - this is where I need help)...
    I gave up at the moment - and I understand community isn't able to have Ideas for the above linked discussion.

Please

Thread Participants: 1