You found a bug! We've classified it as TOUCH-5271 . We encourage you to continue the discussion and to find an acceptable workaround while we work on a permanent fix.
    Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    mpond is on a distinguished road

Default O'Reilly demo app issues

O'Reilly demo app issues

Looking over the current O'Reilly demo app, there are a couple of changes that I find make it less usable than the original 2.0.x I had been working with, and one of which may be a bug.

On the Sessions list, it used to be that the room name displayed to the right of the session name. This made the scroll list shorter, which I find is better, and appears to be the result of the session title/name container to no longer be inside a div with class x-list-item-label. Changing ".x-list-item-label > .session" in app.scss to ".x-innerhtml .session" seems to fix the issue.

The one that has me stumped however is the session detail page, which now uses flex. In the earlier versions, you wouldn't have separately scrolling boxes (i.e., top for session info, and bottom for speakers list). The content was displayed in what essentially amounted to a single scrolling page. I've tried to modify the code to no avail, even pasting in the old demo's code in view/session/Detail.js. Any idea how to go back to all the content being displayed with a single page scroll?

You can compare the old and new versions here:
    http://dev.sencha.com/deploy/touch/e...ction/oreilly/ (old)
    http://docs.sencha.com/touch/2.3.1/#!/example/oreilly (new)

Sencha - Support Team
    Vote Rating
    fmoseley is a name known to all fmoseley is a name known to all fmoseley is a name known to all fmoseley is a name known to all fmoseley is a name known to all fmoseley is a name known to all

Looks like the examples were updated to get them working rather than working like they were before. The second issue with the session detail page is a result to a change in the list implementation from 2.2 on lists no longer auto grow and need some kind of sizing. You could set scrollable to null or false on the top container that way only the Speakers list scrolled. Or you could docking both containers to the top of the list. Like in the following example: https://fiddle.sencha.com/#fiddle/2h4
    I will submit a bug report for this issue.
    Get more personalized support via a support subscription.

Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out
    Sencha training
    Sencha Touch in Action

Need more help with your app? Hire Sencha Services services@sencha.com

When posting code, please use BBCode's CODE tags.

Need to include a test case use:
    The official Sencha Fiddle

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

Thanks for the reply.

Setting scrollable to null for xtype: sessionInfo doesn't appear to do the trick.

And the Fiddle unfortunately has a fixed height for the session description, which needs to be dynamic.

Sencha - Support Team
    Vote Rating
    fmoseley is a name known to all fmoseley is a name known to all fmoseley is a name known to all fmoseley is a name known to all fmoseley is a name known to all fmoseley is a name known to all

Yes scrollable:null to autogrow the component to its content only works with a dataview component.

Sencha training
    Sencha Touch in Action

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

So what's the fix? I tried adding scrollable:null inside config, above items, to no avail.

Sencha - Support Team
    Vote Rating

The example needs to be reworked to use a dataview for Oreilly.view.session.Info'. I have entered a bug request.

Sencha training
    Sencha Touch in Action

Thread Participants: 1