Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    leonardob is on a distinguished road

Default Sencha + PhoneGap and app's icon

Sencha + PhoneGap and app's icon

Hello. I've been learning Sencha for about one week now, and I believe I'm getting the hang of it, but something still bugs me. I'm using Sencha Touch 2.3.1 and Sencha Cmd 4.0.1.45. I started my project with the following commands:

> sencha generate app com.company.project... ...
    > sencha phonegap init
    Now, please, take a look at the directory tree:

Since sencha cmd handles all the phonegap stuff, I assume I must not touch anything below the "phonegap" folder. Everything should be in place after the build command. All right so far. Here comes the tricky part for me. By default, we have the path "resources/icons/". I have replaced by my app's icon all the icons inside this folder (respecting their dimensions, of course). But after running a

> senha app build -run native
    the app was not deployed with the correct icon. I think it's because the config.xml file points to another path: "res/icon/android/". But isn't sencha cmd supposed to map and copy the icons files from the resources/icon directory to the correct path based on the building platform? It doesn't make sense to me for it to create an icons folder by default but not to handle it properly, so that later I have to manually copy the files for each platform. Could I make myself clear? How does it actually work?

I'm sorry for bringing this topic up. I believe this should be a well known issue among experienced users, but maybe I'm missing the right keywords to find the answer by myself. I couldn't find any discussion about it anywhere.

Thank you.

Sencha - Support Team
    Vote Rating
    fmoseley is a name known to all fmoseley is a name known to all fmoseley is a name known to all fmoseley is a name known to all fmoseley is a name known to all fmoseley is a name known to all

You must edit your config.xml to tell phonegap which icons to use.
    'sencha phonegap init' creates a config.xml at the root of your touch app.
    Here is the url for the phonegap docs on icons and splash screens:
    http://docs.phonegap.com/en/edge/con...images.md.html
    Get more personalized support via a support subscription.

Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out
    Sencha training
    Sencha Touch in Action

Need more help with your app? Hire Sencha Services services@sencha.com

When posting code, please use BBCode's CODE tags.

Need to include a test case use:
    The official Sencha Fiddle

Touch Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    mvoss is on a distinguished road

Default phonegap build

phonegap build

Hi,

I think the properties set in config.xml only have effect using phonegp build. Is this correct? Did you get this to work? The phonegap documentation says you need to have your icons in www/res/icons ! Sencha cli should copy the images there as well I guess?

Regards
    Markus Voss

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    leonardob is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by mvoss View Post
    I think the properties set in config.xml only have effect using phonegp build. Is this correct?
    Yes. But Sencha also uses the phonegap building tool when deploying native code. So, in some sense, it's also effective with Sencha.

Quote Originally Posted by mvoss View Post
    The phonegap documentation says you need to have your icons in www/res/icons ! Sencha cli should copy the images there as well I guess?
    That's my point. It should, but it doesn't. In the end, I just copied all icons and launch screens manually. Then it worked.

Sencha - Support Team
    Vote Rating
    fmoseley is a name known to all fmoseley is a name known to all fmoseley is a name known to all fmoseley is a name known to all fmoseley is a name known to all fmoseley is a name known to all

I agree. I have opened the following bug, SDKTOOLS-792, to have this issue addressed.
    Get more personalized support via a support subscription.

Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out
    Sencha training
    Sencha Touch in Action

Need more help with your app? Hire Sencha Services services@sencha.com

When posting code, please use BBCode's CODE tags.

Need to include a test case use:
    The official Sencha Fiddle

Vote Rating
    sylvain1980 is on a distinguished road

Default Auto add icon & splash screen to Sencha Touch / Cordova App with native build

Auto add icon & splash screen to Sencha Touch / Cordova App with native build

Place the corresponding images files into your sencha_app/resources folder and add this code to your sencha_app/cordova/config.xml

Ref.: http://cordova.apache.org/docs/en/3....lash%20Screens

Exemple for the icons :

Code:
        <platform name="ios">
            <!-- iOS 7.0+ -->
            <!-- iPhone / iPod Touch  -->
            <icon src="../resources/icons/ios/icon-60.png" width="60" height="60" />
            <icon src="../resources/icons/ios/icon-60@2x.png" width="120" height="120" />
            <!-- iPad -->
            <icon src="../resources/icons/ios/icon-76.png" width="76" height="76" />
            <icon src="../resources/icons/ios/icon-76@2x.png" width="152" height="152" />
            <!-- iOS 6.1 -->
            <!-- Spotlight Icon -->
            <icon src="../resources/icons/ios/icon-40.png" width="40" height="40" />
            <icon src="../resources/icons/ios/icon-40@2x.png" width="80" height="80" />
            <!-- iPhone / iPod Touch -->
            <icon src="../resources/icons/ios/icon.png" width="57" height="57" />
            <icon src="../resources/icons/ios/icon@2x.png" width="114" height="114" />
            <!-- iPad -->
            <icon src="../resources/icons/ios/icon-72.png" width="72" height="72" />
            <icon src="../resources/icons/ios/icon-72@2x.png" width="144" height="144" />
            <!-- iPhone Spotlight and Settings Icon -->
            <icon src="../resources/icons/ios/icon-small.png" width="29" height="29" />
            <icon src="../resources/icons/ios/icon-small@2x.png" width="58" height="58" />
            <!-- iPad Spotlight and Settings Icon -->
            <icon src="../resources/icons/ios/icon-50.png" width="50" height="50" />
            <icon src="../resources/icons/ios/icon-50@2x.png" width="100" height="100" />
        </platform>
        <platform name="android">
            <icon src="../resources/icons/android/ldpi.png" density="ldpi" />
            <icon src="../resources/icons/android/mdpi.png" density="mdpi" />
            <icon src="../resources/icons/android/hdpi.png" density="hdpi" />
            <icon src="../resources/icons/android/xhdpi.png" density="xhdpi" />
        </platform>
    Than, build your app using Sencha cmd :
    Code:
    sencha app build native
    After that, you only have to manage the images on the sencha_app/resources folder and build to populate the sencha_app/cordova/platform/... folder

Note : I use Sencha cmd v 4.0.2.67 and Cordova 3.5

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    dariusz.ruminski is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by sylvain1980 View Post
    Place the corresponding images files into your sencha_app/resources folder and add this code to your sencha_app/cordova/config.xml

Exemple for the icons :

Code:
        <platform name="ios">
            <!-- iOS 7.0+ -->
            <!-- iPad -->
            <!-- iOS 6.1 -->
            <!-- Spotlight Icon -->
            <!-- iPad -->
        </platform>
        </platform>
    Code:
    sencha app build native
    After that, you only have to manage the images on the sencha_app/resources folder and build to populate the sencha_app/cordova/platform/... folder

It really works! Thank you!

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    gapa is on a distinguished road

I have tried this approach. And indeed it does copy icons into cordova/platforms/ios/MyApp/Resources/Icons. But problem is that config.xml (that is in cordova/platforms/ios/MyApp folder) it shows the same path. But this path is not usable anymore since icons are in different (relative) folder than before.
    Before it was proper that it was in "../resources/icons/*" but now it should be in ../www/resources/icons. But if I change path to new one then it won't get copied. I can manually change path but then I have to do this every time I update cordova project.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    Keab42 is on a distinguished road

I'm surprised the build or init processes haven't had this automated. Given the tight integration with Cordova/Phonegap since CMD 5.0 this would make a lot of sense.

Quote Originally Posted by sylvain1980 View Post

Exemple for the icons :

Code:
        <platform name="ios">
            <!-- iOS 7.0+ -->
            <!-- iPad -->
            <!-- iOS 6.1 -->
            <!-- Spotlight Icon -->
            <!-- iPad -->
        </platform>
        </platform>
    Code:
    sencha app build native