Thank you for reporting this bug. We will make it our priority to review this report.
    Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    webreality_ny is on a distinguished road

Default Animator files created in Windows crash on Mac when Exporting

Animator files created in Windows crash on Mac when Exporting

We use Animator 1.5. I use it on a Windows 7 PC and a co-worker uses it on a Mac. A project I started on the PC crashes his program when he tries to export to an iBook file. Is this a known bug?

Sencha - Architect Dev Team
    Vote Rating
    miro.bojic will become famous soon enough miro.bojic will become famous soon enough

This is unknown to us. Could you verify if you can export the same project in question correctly to iBooks from Win version of Animator, to rule out whether it's an export related issue rather than OS related.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    webreality_ny is on a distinguished road

Yes I am able to export from the Windows computer. Also, If the file was created on a Mac and then a Windows user picks up that animator file and exports, there is no issue. It's only when it's created on Windows and brought to a Mac.

Vote Rating
    miro.bojic will become famous soon enough miro.bojic will become famous soon enough

Ok thanks for the report. We will investigate and try to replicate to see what is causing the issue.

In the meantime, have you tried to create a copy of the project after opening it with Mac by using 'Save as' from within Animator and then exporting the copied project? Let me know if this fails as well.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    trockwell is on a distinguished road

Hi,

Joe's Mac-using co-worker here.

The crash occurs when you select "Browse" to load a graphic as the Widget Image. I get a brief beach ball and then Animator crashes.

I just tried your suggestion of saving a copy of the file using Save Project As and that crashed the program as well. So it appears to be something to do with trying to access the file system. If you'd like the crash report that comes up afterwards let me know where to send it and I'll pass it along.

Thanks for looking into this.

- Tom

Vote Rating

Sure that would be useful - you can either copy / paste it here or send me a personal message with the crash report. If you have a testcase project that consistently crashes that you can share, you can send that to me as well.

Thanks.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    trockwell is on a distinguished road

OK sure. I'll email you the crash report. I can't send you the file we're working on that's crashing due to client confidentiality but I'll see if we can produce another file that crashes.

Thread Participants: 2