Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    pladhe is on a distinguished road

Default Unanswered: Getting error as "Ext.Error: You're trying to decode an invalid JSON String:"

Unanswered: Getting error as "Ext.Error: You're trying to decode an invalid JSON String:"

Hi,

On my page i am submitting a form. After submission of form at backend I execute webservice and webservice returns xml response. This xml returns failure response and I display appropriate message on my page.

Above operation works fine on Firefox 21 and all next versions but it fails on Firefox 20.0 and i get error as follows,

Ext.Error: You're trying to decode an invalid JSON String: <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">

Firefox 20.0 is not able to handle failure response from webservice.

Sencha - Community Support Team jay@moduscreate.com's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    Answers
    jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all

... Are you trying to parse XML as JSON?

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    pladhe is on a distinguished road

After parsing xml, i am sending JSON response on view page. xml is returning failure message.

Thread Participants: 1