Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    Malte123 is infamous around these parts Malte123 is infamous around these parts

Default Bad guy wants me NOT to HELP you any more !!!!

Bad guy wants me NOT to HELP you any more !!!!

There is ONE guy votes DOWN ALL my Posts I ever done !!!

Please ALL help if you want me to help community for free like the following:

Visit my Profile and take a look on my Posts and Vote up till I am Back to 60 Vote Points again.

Thanks for help defending BAD GUYS !!!

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    StudentDaniel will become famous soon enough

+1

I can say: YES you where over 60 yesterday !!!

Thats not fine - who has interests out there attacking someone is doing free support in a stable process ?

really bad ...

Sencha - Senior Forum Manager mitchellsimoens's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute

Unfortunately there may be times where community members may act out against someone and the post votes are one way. We have a way to review the votes and remove them if necessary. I will be reviewing the votes and will determine whether or not to remove them.

If I do remove a bluk of votes, I will be reaching out to the user who did this to find out why and to ask that person not to misuse this tool. We also have a way to ban users from voting and we will determine this as well. We want the forums to be a fair place to get help, give help, show off some cool extensions and such and we do not want this behavior in the forums. We all need to act as professionals.
    Mitchell Simoens @SenchaMitch
    Sencha Inc, Senior Forum Manager

Think my support is good? Get more personalized support via a support subscription. https://www.sencha.com/store/

Need more help with your app? Hire Sencha Services services@sencha.com

Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out Sencha Touch in Action that is in print!

When posting code, please use BBCode's CODE tags.

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    Ekambos is a jewel in the rough Ekambos is a jewel in the rough Ekambos is a jewel in the rough Ekambos is a jewel in the rough

I think it happend to me too.
    Someone asked for help in a P.M I told him I cant help so he downboted all my posts.
    How weird ....

Vote Rating
    skirtle has a brilliant future skirtle has a brilliant future skirtle has a brilliant future skirtle has a brilliant future skirtle has a brilliant future skirtle has a brilliant future skirtle has a brilliant future skirtle has a brilliant future skirtle has a brilliant future skirtle has a brilliant future skirtle has a brilliant future

Do we even need a down vote option? There are other ways to report malicious or rude posts so I'm not entirely clear what the value of allowing down votes is. For anyone who is genuinely trying to help or is sharing a valid opinion it seems unnecessary to provide an option to kick them, even if their views ruffle some feathers.

I don't see how an option to anonymously stab people can be anything other than damaging to helpful, open discussion.

Perhaps the options to report posts should be given more prominence instead?

Vote Rating
    mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Ekambos View Post
    I think it happend to me too.
    Someone asked for help in a P.M I told him I cant help so he downboted all my posts.
    How weird ....
    Looking at the votes on your posts I cannot see invalid votes. Can you PM me an posts that you feel are wrongly voted?

Think my support is good? Get more personalized support via a support subscription. https://www.sencha.com/store/

Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out Sencha Touch in Action that is in print!

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

Someone asked for help in a P.M I told him I can't help so he downboted all my posts.
    Me likewise: I told him he should ask the Question to all and also I give him the tip, he could buy support if needed for a commercial project is under pressure...
    Also I mean a public Answer helps maybe also others.

So I cannot understand: It was really a nice way to move him to forum.

Do we even need a down vote option?
    I think so too !

What is the main usage:

In my personal case I have seen new members are a little bit fast to ask a question and didn't use the Preview-Function. I told them and pleased them how to ask ... but other members try to support it by voting him/them down.

This isn't a good feeling I think - without that he would post again the right way.

Not everybody is in psychological situation to think about what he is doing after days trying to solve his problem with the new "easy" Solution of Sencha Inc. So a nice way to explain instead of voting down without a nice note would be the right way for me.

Finally my suggestion is to recode the Voting-Plugin and add DB-Col for a (non anonymous ?) Voting-Down-Comment - maybe with a form ready to use Comments are in.

Last but not least:

@Sencha Inc. and Support-Team:

Apologize you were under my suspicion doing voting me down with other goals because a PM of "event" who told me "this is no population contest".

So also this shows how important a change of Voting-System could be maybe ...

Vote Rating

I disagree about not having a down vote, if you have up vote you have to have a down vote other wise it's not a fair system. I'll be honest, when I was trying to keep up and doing 4,000 posts a month I many times stopped reading a post to cut time and this affected my responses and many of those responses had misinformation or outright wrong information. I deserved negative votes for those and I had to then change the priorities that were given to me to go from numbers to quality because of them.

Vote Rating
    skirtle has a brilliant future skirtle has a brilliant future skirtle has a brilliant future skirtle has a brilliant future skirtle has a brilliant future skirtle has a brilliant future skirtle has a brilliant future skirtle has a brilliant future skirtle has a brilliant future skirtle has a brilliant future skirtle has a brilliant future

Quote Originally Posted by mitchellsimoens View Post
    other wise it's not a fair system.
    It isn't fair anyway. The usage of up and down votes isn't symmetrical and never can be.

An up vote is effectively a formalization of the '+1' found throughout the internet. It allows people to show approval without polluting a thread.

A down vote shows disagreement or dissatisfaction with a post but with no attempt to explain why. The correct way to handle a post you don't like it to post a rebuttal. If others share your view then they'll vote you up.

I don't think the benefits of 'fairness' out-weight the harm of a one-click smack-down option. Those with thicker skins might not mind the occasional down vote but there will be plenty of well-meaning folks who just lose all motivation to help anyone.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

Quote Originally Posted by skirtle View Post
    [...] plenty of well-meaning folks who just lose all motivation to help anyone.
    +1

It is not a hard job to rebuild Vote-Plugin to make down voting more differencing. (Including JSDuck)

IF you have no resources for this ... we can do ...