You found a bug! We've classified it as BROW-2334 . We encourage you to continue the discussion and to find an acceptable workaround while we work on a permanent fix.
    Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    mik977 is on a distinguished road

Yes, I can confirm that the file cache.appcache is served with mime-type text/cache-manifest. I checked in Chrome with dev-tools. The app is reloaded ok in Chrome and asks me if I want to update the app... so in Chrome all is good. In Space however, the app is not reloaded to the new version and I am not asked to update. I am testing on Android (4.2.2).

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    mik977 is on a distinguished road

Hi, can you confirm there is a bug in app update (production build) or am I doing something wrong?

Ext JS Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    hhangus is on a distinguished road

Just here to say that I am also seeing this problem. I ended up changing the url of the application just so i could keep developing.

i'd like to add that I am including these two sencha libraries, but I only saw this problem *after* adding the space library. That doesn't mean it's the cause, but it is correlation.

http://cdn.sencha.com/touch/sencha-t...h-all-debug.js
    http://space.sencha.io/space.js

edit:
    The exact problem i'm seeing is that the app isn't updating even though the manifest is definitely changing. I know it's changing, and I know it's served with the correct mimetype because the app works fine in normal browsers, just not in the Space environment on my iPad2.

Ext JS Premium Member
    Vote Rating

Ok, so I used Chrome to debug the issue and come to the conclusion that the only real problem with Space is that it has no way to clear a bad manifest file. Chrome/Firefox have tools menu to clear their caches including manifest files, which allows me to fix them but Space doesn't. This is a serious flaw.

In any case, what happened is I added "http://space.sencha.io/space.js" into my application headers, thus making it part of the application. But I did not add it explicitly to the manifest file. This is apparently a no-no, you *must* specify all files in the manifest or it will be considered erroneous. The "bad" manifest was then cached and could not be updated because every time it was loaded it was refused as erroneous. Thus, no changes to the manifest could be made, thus making it impossible to fix except by manually deleting the cached files which *can't be done in Space*.

So, the solution is simple, Space needs an option to destroy the manifest and refresh the cache from an administrative tool. I suggest adding it to the space manager online application so that developers/admins can do this remotely, but users cannot.

Sencha - Management Team abe.elias's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    abe.elias is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the investigation. I'll make sure to follow up with the dev team on this tomorrow.

Sencha - Management Team abe.elias's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    abe.elias is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the report! I have opened a bug in our bug tracker.

Sencha - Desktop Packager Dev Team jarrednicholls's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    jarrednicholls will become famous soon enough jarrednicholls will become famous soon enough

Quote Originally Posted by hhangus View Post
    Ok, so I used Chrome to debug the issue and come to the conclusion that the only real problem with Space is that it has no way to clear a bad manifest file. Chrome/Firefox have tools menu to clear their caches including manifest files, which allows me to fix them but Space doesn't. This is a serious flaw.

In any case, what happened is I added "http://space.sencha.io/space.js" into my application headers, thus making it part of the application. But I did not add it explicitly to the manifest file. This is apparently a no-no, you *must* specify all files in the manifest or it will be considered erroneous. The "bad" manifest was then cached and could not be updated because every time it was loaded it was refused as erroneous. Thus, no changes to the manifest could be made, thus making it impossible to fix except by manually deleting the cached files which *can't be done in Space*.

So, the solution is simple, Space needs an option to destroy the manifest and refresh the cache from an administrative tool. I suggest adding it to the space manager online application so that developers/admins can do this remotely, but users cannot.
    If you delete Space and reinstall it, is the new manifest delivered and work as expected?

Ext JS Premium Member
    Vote Rating

If you delete Space and reinstall it, is the new manifest delivered and work as expected?
    Yes, deleting and re-installing Space does fix the issue. Of course, it also deletes all the app data for other shared apps so it's not really an option outside of development and debugging.

Sencha - Desktop Packager Dev Team jarrednicholls's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    jarrednicholls will become famous soon enough jarrednicholls will become famous soon enough

Quote Originally Posted by hhangus View Post
    Yes, deleting and re-installing Space does fix the issue. Of course, it also deletes all the app data for other shared apps so it's not really an option outside of development and debugging.
    Definitely not an option, of course. I just wanted to confirm that case. Thanks!

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    dmifs is on a distinguished road

So what is the best way to go with this? I have to test that the application works offline so removing the manifest file from the HTML while developing is not an option.

thanks