Wait! Looks like we don't have enough information to add this to bug database. Please follow this template bug format.
    Vote Rating
    makana has a spectacular aura about makana has a spectacular aura about

Default [4.2.x] Strange Focus/Blur - Button-Click-Handler Bug in IE

[4.2.x] Strange Focus/Blur - Button-Click-Handler Bug in IE

Hi,

I've got a strange bug in IE for which I don't have an explanation.

Please open the following fiddle in IE:
    https://fiddle.sencha.com/#fiddle/473

The problem is with a button handler with clickEvent:'click' (what is the default) that doesn't get called while a grid editor has focus.
    But only if the toolbar is part (bbar for example) of the grid itself. Buttons that are not part of the grid panel work fine.

I know that blur events are internally delayed a bit (10ms or something like that). But that only would explain if the value isn't correct at the moment the handler is executed. But IMO it cannot explain that the handler isn't executed at all.

Please take a look at the fiddle, all details are inside.
    Any hints are welcome.

Regards,
    makana
    Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better іdiot-proof programs, and the universe striving to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning. (Rick Cook)

Enhanced ExtJS adapter for Adobe AIR

Sencha - Senior Forum Manager mitchellsimoens's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute

Is this all IE or just particular version(s)?
    Mitchell Simoens @SenchaMitch
    Sencha Inc, Senior Forum Manager

Think my support is good? Get more personalized support via a support subscription. https://www.sencha.com/store/

Need more help with your app? Hire Sencha Services services@sencha.com

Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out Sencha Touch in Action that is in print!

When posting code, please use BBCode's CODE tags.

Vote Rating

Hello Mitchell,

thanks for your interest!

We've IE11 on a WIN8.1 x64 machine.

But it's also the same problem if we change the version emulation in the developer tools to IE8/9/10 - all in standard mode. Lower and quirks is not testet since we do not support them.

Some time ago I had a similar problem with IE. That was with fields with allowBlank set to false. If the field was focused and nothing was typed then the button handler wasn't executed on first click.
    I changed validateOnBlur to false and it worked.
    I think both problems have something in common. I tried to include an example in the fiddle, but I'm not able to reproduce it at the moment...

Kind Regards,
    makana
    Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better іdiot-proof programs, and the universe striving to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning. (Rick Cook)

Vote Rating

Any news regarding this?
    Just want to make sure this problem doesn't move down the forum into oblivion...

Is there still some information required?

Regards,
    makana

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    GFI_SI is on a distinguished road

I'm also seeing a similar issue with the editable cell plugin. In my example I have a save button on my dialog which is only clickable when the blur event happens. However if I edit a cell in IE and go straight to clicking the button the blur event doesn't happen. But if I click anywhere else in the dialog the blur event does happen, the button becomes active and the store is marked as dirty. Works perfect in Chrome. Doesn't work at all in IE11.

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    GFI_SI is on a distinguished road

I came across this blog post which helped me with my issue. Perhaps it can also apply to the original posters' problem? https://ahlearns.wordpress.com/2012/...nd-blur-event/

Thread Participants: 2