Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    Joe Blenis is on a distinguished road

Default Building but not correctly

Building but not correctly

I have an extjs project that when I build using "sencha app build package" builds successfully without errors, but duplicates the login page. When a team mate of mine builds on his machine using the exact same file he is not having this issue. I have tried uninstalling sencha cmd and re installing it several times. I need to be able to build this project without relying on team mates. Any suggestions?

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    jvalentino will become famous soon enough jvalentino will become famous soon enough

Default I have had similar issues...

I have had similar issues...

It is important to understand that Sencha Command is not a tool all by itself, it depends on other tools. Specifically the following:
    • Cordova (for Native)
    • Ant
    • JDK 7
    • Ruby
    • Compass
    • MSBuild (for Windows native)
    • xcodebuild (for iOS native)
    • ADT (for Android native)
    I have found that not all the versions of these tools play nice together. I would recommend that you compare your environments for each of these tools where applicable:
    • Sencha Command: sencha which
    • Cordova (for Native): cordova -v
    • Ant: ant -version
    • JDK 7
      • java -version
      • Windows: echo %JAVA_HOME%
      • Not Windows: echo $JAVA_HOME
    • Ruby: ruby -v
    • Compass: compass -v
    • MSBuild (for Windows native): msbuild /version
    • xcodebuild (for iOS native): xcodebuild -version
    • ADT (for Android native): adb version
    In order to be safe when configuring new development environments, I have started internally packaging specific version combinations together so I can be certain that the result will work.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

Thank you for your reply. After checking the outputs of both machines I have found that they are both versioned exactly the same.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    jvalentino will become famous soon enough jvalentino will become famous soon enough

Default Ouch

Ouch

That is an indication that the difference is either with your OS (which it probably isn't) or some part of the configuration specific to your application. At this point I would recommend that you run Sencha Command with the debug flag and see if anything stands out in the resulting output.
    Code:
    sencha --debug app build package
    Look in the output for strings such as "error" ,"warning", and "FileNotFound".

Also assuming you have this project in source control, compare anything currently showing as different in your copy with what is currently in the repository.

Something is different and/or wrong, the difficulty is with finding what.

Sencha - Services Team arthurakay's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    arthurakay is a jewel in the rough arthurakay is a jewel in the rough arthurakay is a jewel in the rough

I would agree with @jvalentino in that this is likely a source control problem.

I've worked on a number of projects in which the working folder gets polluted - files which are either ignored or not checked in, remnants from various branches, and other quirks. These can be very difficult to debug.

My advice would be to check out the projects into a brand new folder and try running.

It's unlikely that the same branch of your app, running the same version of Cmd and other dependencies, is spitting out two different builds. If a fresh checkout of the project in a new folder doesn't solve the issue then all of the evidence points to some environmental problem.
    Arthur Kay
    Developer Relations Manager, Sencha Inc.

Twitter | Sencha Chicago User Group

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

Thank you both for your help. I ended up just deleting the local file and mapping to a new one. It is working fine now. We are now in the process of dedicating a vm for the purpose of building. It wont fix this problem if it comes up again, but will rule out cmd right away if we are using the same machine at least.Again, thank you both.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    gdsonay is on a distinguished road

I have the same error. None of that suggestions fixed my problem.

Thread Participants: 3