Ext JS Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    aleksf is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by benmclendon View Post
    I think it would work if you put the grid inside a border layout.
    Thanks for help, but it does not work. As I said, it looks like the resize event is either not generated or happens so fast that it's not picked up.

I've noticed another thing: if I max/de-max window few times, it appears as if the events are "swapped" - i.e. when maximized, the grid resize to the de-maximized window size and vice-versa. It happens in both FF and IE. Funny indeed.

Ext JS Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    aleksf is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by aleksf View Post
    I've noticed another thing: if I max/de-max window few times, it appears as if the events are "swapped" - i.e. when maximized, the grid resize to the de-maximized window size and vice-versa. It happens in both FF and IE. Funny indeed.
    This post describes something similar. In my case, it seems that, at maximize time, the window still has previous size values. Then, when it is reduced, it gets the maximized sizes.

Ext User
    Vote Rating
    wp.joju is on a distinguished road

this plugin is really useful but i also need the parent to adjust if the child's height is already over the parent's height... here is what i have..

panel with table layout... inside 1 column is a panel containing 2 labels, 1 of the label needs to be on top of the panel and the other is aligned to the bottom part,,, i was able to make my panel (which contains the 2 labels) adjust to the table column height by using this... now what i need is to be able to adjust the column height when the label's height is already over the column's height,,., please help

Sencha - Community Support Team Condor's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    Condor has much to be proud of Condor has much to be proud of Condor has much to be proud of Condor has much to be proud of Condor has much to be proud of Condor has much to be proud of Condor has much to be proud of Condor has much to be proud of

That is really out of the scope of the plugin. You should write your own fitSizeToParent method that does the correct size based on your needs.

Ext User
    Vote Rating
    wp.joju is on a distinguished road

ok i'll just adjust this plugin for the needed changes to adopt to the child component's height, just 1 thing though, why is it that whenever i resize the browser window, the component's height increases each time even though it is not really needed, if it remove c.monitorResize = true; then the height is not changing

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    col is on a distinguished road

I tried to use an example from the first post
    but get an error
    c.getDomPositionEl is not a function
    for this line

Code:
            c.on('render', function(c) {
                c.fitToElement = Ext.get(this.parent || c.getDomPositionEl().dom.parentNode);
                if(!c.doLayout){
    i used EXTJS [2.2.1 - 2.3.0]
    Where can I get the plugin working code for my version EXTJS.
    "Despite the tons of examples and docs, EXT JS is voodoo. Damned cool voodoo, but still voodoo.''

(c) Brian Moore (retell by CoL)

Vote Rating
    steffenk has a spectacular aura about steffenk has a spectacular aura about steffenk has a spectacular aura about

Hi Condor,

after update to ExtJS 3.1 i get error with the plugin, especially with "getDomPositionEl" (... is not a function)

Did something changed? Is something simular now integrated in core?

Any advice is welcome.
    vg Steffen
    --------------------------------------
    Release Manager of TYPO3 4.5

Vote Rating
    Condor has much to be proud of Condor has much to be proud of Condor has much to be proud of Condor has much to be proud of Condor has much to be proud of Condor has much to be proud of Condor has much to be proud of Condor has much to be proud of

In Ext 3.1 the getDomPositionEl method was removed, because it is now the same as the getPositionEl method.

So you only have to change:
    Code:
    getDomPositionEl -> getPositionEl

Vote Rating
    steffenk has a spectacular aura about steffenk has a spectacular aura about steffenk has a spectacular aura about

Hi Condor,

thx - the js error is gone but the plugin does not work anymore, i changed this line:
    Code:
    c.fitToElement = Ext.get(this.parent || c.getPositionEl.dom.parentNode);
    Now the grid tbar and bbar are not rendered anymore and grid is sized to no height, so i guess the reference element is wrong now. Do you know what the problem is?

btw - why does core not add something like layout: 'fitToParent'
    vg Steffen
    --------------------------------------
    Release Manager of TYPO3 4.5

Vote Rating

You removed the brackets!

Code:
    c.fitToElement = Ext.get(this.parent || c.getPositionEl().dom.parentNode);