Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    kaendsle is on a distinguished road

Default Unanswered: Ext.Date.format() only prints locale strings?

Unanswered: Ext.Date.format() only prints locale strings?

I have Date objects that were set using a UTC time and I want to recover that time when formatting them using Ext.Date.format(). A very simple example demonstrates that Ext.Date.format() will print a locale string.

Code:
    var d = new Date('1998-04-15T20:00:00.0000Z');

d.toUTCString();
    // "Wed, 15 Apr 1998 20:00:00 GMT"

Ext.Date.format(d, 'H:i')
    // "16:00"

Ext.Date.format(Ext.Date.parse('1998-04-15T20:00:00.0000Z', 'c'), 'H:i')
    // "16:00"
    I need my time string formatted a certain way, and Ext.Date.format() is extremely helpful in that regard. However, I need it to format the date as a UTC string, not a locale string. Relative to the above example, I need a way to output the string "20:00" instead of the string "16:00".

Is this not supported? I will just have to concatenate the outputs from d.getUTCHours() and so forth?

Sencha - Support Team
    Answers
    Vote Rating
    Gary Schlosberg has a spectacular aura about Gary Schlosberg has a spectacular aura about Gary Schlosberg has a spectacular aura about

I guess so. Looks like the Date docs page describes something similar in the ISO 8601 formatted dates section:
    http://docs.sencha.com/extjs/4.2.1/#!/api/Date
    Are you a Sencha products veteran who has wondered what it might be like to work at Sencha? If so, please reach out to our recruiting manager: sheryl@sencha.com

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    kaendsle is on a distinguished road

This is the best solution I've been able to come up with to mitigate this fact:

Code:
    Ext.Date.format(Ext.Date.add(date, Ext.Date.MINUTE, date.getTimezoneOffset()), formatString)
    ...Where date is a Date object in UTC and formatString is the desired PHP-esque format string to output. The above expression subtracts the timezone offset, producing a Date object with the wrong time, but effectively writing the correct time as a String despite the locale time formatting.

Thread Participants: 1