Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    GXE is on a distinguished road

Default [2.0.2][OPEN] Buttons partially obscured in Window with IE6 - not happening in 2.0

[2.0.2][OPEN] Buttons partially obscured in Window with IE6 - not happening in 2.0

I am running the Hello World Window example and the buttons are almost entirely hidden. Anything I can do to fix this? I am running this off the ext-js site and I am using IE6. I am upgrading from 2.0 B1 which worked fine. Probably some IE6 'feature' with the styles.

I have attached a screenshot
    Attached Images
    Last edited by GXE; 5 Mar 2008 at 4:23 AM. Reason: Extra explanation

Vote Rating
    RWaters is on a distinguished road

Was able to recreate the problem, we'll look into it.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    JamesC is on a distinguished road

Try this:
    Code:
    .ext-ie6 .x-panel-nofooter .x-window-bc { /* ie6 fix for large footer at bottom of windows */
        height:6px;
        font-size:0;
        line-height:0;
    }
    This fixed the "large" looking footer for me, might fix the buttons issue too. I was told it was in the SVN version...

Ext User
    Vote Rating
    Erikk75 is on a distinguished road

Hello,

The same problem occurs on IE7. I encountered the problem also when creating my own dialog with a textarea form input in the bottom of the window, that then hides the buttons.

I have just discovered also that it does not happen if I remove the DOCTYPE I am using :
    <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">

Do you have any suggestion on how to resolve this problem while keeping that doctype ?

Thankx

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    brian.moeskau is an unknown quantity at this point

I've confirmed that the issue actually has nothing to do with window, or doctype, or anything else you may be thinking. It's actually an issue with TabPanel's autoTabs functionality, which this example is using -- it's rendering the tab content outside of the tab panel which is then pushing the tab's box down under the content. It's only visible with a doctype, but in any browser if you inspect the tab you'll see the tab's body extending below the bottom edge in the same way.

Not sure yet what the fix is, but it's on our list. If you're not using autoTabs, then it won't affect you.