Looks like we can't reproduce the issue or there's a problem in the test case provided.
    Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    rgralhoz is on a distinguished road

Default [iPhone] Kitchen sink sample is not usable on iPhone

[iPhone] Kitchen sink sample is not usable on iPhone

Hi,

I appreciate the effort of having Ext.js applications working on mobile touch-screen devices. The Ext,js 5 beta release announcement says "Ext JS 5 supports [...] the latest tablet platforms such as iOS6/7" and "Check out our examples on a tablet", so please forgive me for trying it on iPhone*. It doesn't crash, but it's not usable as it could be with some adjustments. Some of them could be made as ext.js features, as they could be valuable for applications too.
    1. Not enough space on Center panel when the east and west panels are collapsed. Maybe a button like "Preview on full-screen" should be provided to all of the samples (similar to the one available on the Basic Column chart). Wouldnt it be useful for apps too?
    2. Change the default settings when navigating from a smaller touch screen device. The announcements are bad formed on the phone: it's hard to read the content (small width), it's also hard close them, etc. It tooke me a while to find the "Show announcements" option on the top right settings. This should be unchecked by default, as the Touch theme should be checked by default on a touch screen device
    3. It's hard to navigate within the center panel - grids and charts.
      1. for example, on the Array grid sample, to be able to see the last columns, you have to swipe out of the grid (panel title or boton). It doesn't work if you swipe on the cell or header itself. It works fine if you swipe up and down, but not left and right.
      2. I can't zoom in and out
      3. if the phone is rotated to landscape view, when I go to the botton there is a huge blue bar on the botton that is only closed on rotating the phone back to portrait
    Thanks,
    Ric

System used: iPhone 5, iOS 7.1, latest Chrome and Safari.

Ext JS Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    estesbubba will become famous soon enough

Ext JS 5 is for desktop and tabletsTouch is for tablets and phonesSo while Ext JS 5 might run on a phone I doubt Sencha does any testing on them since it's not on their targeted platforms.

Vote Rating
    evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute

As you suggested, phones aren't really the focus of this release. The KS was designed with desktops/tablets in mind. Technically there's nothing stopping you from running Ext5 on a phone, but it's probably not going to be an optimal experience.
    Evan Trimboli
    Sencha Developer
    Twitter - @evantrimboli
    Don't be afraid of the source code!

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    rgralhoz is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the response, Mike and Evan.@evant , can the issue #1 be converted to a feature request? I mean, not changing the sample code, but providing a "view in full screen" API to collapse all except the "main" panel and to also collapse their title bars and another API to "close full screen".

Thread Participants: 2