Wait! Looks like we don't have enough information to add this to bug database. Please follow this template bug format.
    Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    sudhirhv is on a distinguished road

Default File upload iFrame visible after upload

File upload iFrame visible after upload

Touch version tested:
    • Touch 2.3.1a
    Device and OS tested against:
    • iOS - iPhone____
    Description:
    • I have a file upload form that allows me to upload files to a parent form. The file upload works fine, and I am sending a success response from my backend as well. I am able to read that as response too. I know that the file upload happens through a hidden iFrame. I had an error with default implementation of file upload and then I had to use the override that is provided in this thread http://www.sencha.com/forum/showthre...s-of-undefined Sometimes, when the file upload is successful, the response that is written to the body of the iFrame become visible. And the iFrame sticks out ugly in the browser. I cant reproduce this always. But I have seen this happen many times. Can you help me here? Unfortunately I cant provide more info at the moment. I am unable to attach an image into my post for some reason. The Manage Attachments button does not work for me.

Sencha - Support Team
    Vote Rating
    fmoseley is a name known to all fmoseley is a name known to all fmoseley is a name known to all fmoseley is a name known to all fmoseley is a name known to all fmoseley is a name known to all

In what version of iOS are you experiencing this issue. Can you provide me with a test case that will reproduce this issue so I can file a bug with Engineering.
    Get more personalized support via a support subscription.

Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out
    Sencha training
    Sencha Touch in Action

Need more help with your app? Hire Sencha Services services@sencha.com

When posting code, please use BBCode's CODE tags.

Need to include a test case use:
    The official Sencha Fiddle

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    sudhirhv is on a distinguished road

Hi, thanks for your reply. I am getting this problem in 7.1.1 and 7.0.4 versions of iOS. Maybe it is there in other versions too, but I can see it in these 2 versions. Like I said, I dont have the exact steps to reproduce it. Basically I have a form which has a file upload button, on clicking of this button, a File upload form opens up in a new card. I am able to select the file and then the request is sent to the server adn the upload is successful. I had to use the "Ext.data.Connection" that you have provided in http://www.sencha.com/forum/showthre...s-of-undefined I had to make a slight modification to the override - Had to replace the lines
    Code:
      if (this.textAreaRe.test(firstChild.tagName)) {                          response.responseText = firstChild.value;                     } else {                         response.responseText = firstChild.innerHTML;                     }
    with this
    Code:
       if (this.textAreaRe.test(firstChild.tagName)) {                    	                         response.responseText = firstChild.value;                     } else {                     	                     	if(firstChild.nodeValue && firstChild.nodeValue!='') response.responseText = firstChild.nodeValue;                    		                     }
    Once the upload is successful, the response is written in the body of the iFrame, and then the iframe becomes visible. I have replioed to your PM. Please check the screenshot.

Sencha - Support Team
    Vote Rating
    fmoseley is a name known to all fmoseley is a name known to all fmoseley is a name known to all fmoseley is a name known to all fmoseley is a name known to all fmoseley is a name known to all

The official fix for this issue has been released in Touch 2.3.2 (support only). I'm not sure if you are a support subscriber but if you are can you test and let me know if the issue still exists. I cannot file a bug without a test case that reproduces the issue. Rather than use fiddle you can create an app with Sencha Cmd, and compress it and email it to me.
    Get more personalized support via a support subscription.

Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out
    Sencha training
    Sencha Touch in Action

Need more help with your app? Hire Sencha Services services@sencha.com

When posting code, please use BBCode's CODE tags.

Need to include a test case use:
    The official Sencha Fiddle

Thread Participants: 1