Thank you for reporting this bug. We will make it our priority to review this report.
    Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    dan.everest is on a distinguished road

Default EXT 4.2.1: Component.setLoading("Message") mask does not follow component in Window

EXT 4.2.1: Component.setLoading("Message") mask does not follow component in Window

When 'setLoading(message)' is called on an Ext.Component that resides within a Window, the generated mask does not follow the component when the Window is moved. This is because the generated LoadMask uses the Ext.Component as the target by default, instead of the component's Element:
    Code:
    Ext.define('Ext.Component', {

setLoading : function(load, targetEl) {
            var me = this,
                config = {
                    target: me <-- Should be 'me.el'
                },
        },

});
    To recreate:
    Code:
    var panel = Ext.create('Ext.panel.Panel', {
        layout: 'anchor',
        items: {
            xtype: 'textfield',
            fieldLabel: 'Text Field'
        }
    });

var win = Ext.create('Ext.window.Window', {
        items: panel
    });

win.show();
    panel.setLoading("My Load Message");
    Then move the window. The message will follow the window/panel, but the mask will stay in its original spot.

This was done on Firefox 24.1 and IE 9 using EXT 4.2.1 (I actually ran the above code in Firebug and IE Dev Tools after loading http://docs.sencha.com/extjs/4.2.1/e...p/desktop.html ).

Note that if 'panel.setLoading({msg: "My Message", target: panel.el}) is called, the mask performs as expected.

Sencha - Support Team
    Vote Rating
    Gary Schlosberg has a spectacular aura about Gary Schlosberg has a spectacular aura about Gary Schlosberg has a spectacular aura about

Thanks for the report and workaround. It looks like this has been resolved. I was able to reproduce the issue in 4.2.1 and 4.2.2, but not in the latest nightly release of 4.2.3
    Get on the Fast Track with Sencha Training http://sencha.com/training

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    kbujold is on a distinguished road

So how do we fix this problem in 4.2.2?

Thread Participants: 2