Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    bp1 is on a distinguished road

Default Answered: Where to place Asynchronous/Networking calls.

Answered: Where to place Asynchronous/Networking calls.

Hi!

In the context of my app, I need to make some networking calls which are asynchronous and they return with a callback. My idea would be to show a loading dialog while the data is being transffered (I need the data to populate the UI). Currently I am making the asynchronous call on the onInitialize method of the particular view, but I am not sure if this is the right listener for that. Any ideas about that? Is there any specific pattern which I should follow?

Thanks as always for your help!

2. Anything in initialize or after will have the element available for you to mask then whenever the async call returns then unmask.

Sencha - Senior Forum Manager mitchellsimoens's Avatar
    Answers
    Vote Rating
    mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute

Anything in initialize or after will have the element available for you to mask then whenever the async call returns then unmask.
    Mitchell Simoens @SenchaMitch
    Sencha Inc, Senior Forum Manager

Think my support is good? Get more personalized support via a support subscription. https://www.sencha.com/store/

Need more help with your app? Hire Sencha Services services@sencha.com

Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out Sencha Touch in Action that is in print!

When posting code, please use BBCode's CODE tags.

Thread Participants: 1