Ext JS Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    chertel is on a distinguished road

Default Ext 4.2.3: Release schedule?

Ext 4.2.3: Release schedule?

Hello.

I cannot find any information about the release schedule for 4.2.3...

Is there a release schedule somewhere? Also, is there a current changelog for the nightly builds somewhere?

For the 5.x branch, does it incorporate changes from 4.2.3, etc? If so, at what point was 5 branched from 4? In other words, if I start using the 5.x branch will I have fixes from 4.2.3?

Edit: I forgot to mention: this is specifically the bug fix I am trying to get http://www.sencha.com/forum/showthread.php?278068

Thanks.

Ext JS Premium Member
    Vote Rating

Any word on this?

Sencha - Support Team
    Vote Rating
    Gary Schlosberg has a spectacular aura about Gary Schlosberg has a spectacular aura about Gary Schlosberg has a spectacular aura about

Unfortunately we don't have a release date for ExtJS 4.2.3. I checked the file changes for that bug fix, but the 5.0 code is pretty different from both 4.2.2 and 4.2.3. Are you able to test your app against 5.0 to see if the issue is resolved?
    Are you a Sencha products veteran who has wondered what it might be like to work at Sencha? If so, please reach out to our recruiting manager: sheryl@sencha.com

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    Shadin_a is on a distinguished road

I'm in the same situation and I'm looking for an upgrade. I don't know whether or not upgrading to 5.0 would be a good idea. Would you please advice me on this?

Ext JS Premium Member
    Vote Rating

Well, I can try to test v5 in a few weeks time. In the meantime, I am using a nightly build (ext-4.2.3-20140616-beta) and it looks like the styles for form elements have changed. I am using Sencha architect, so what I see in the architect is not the same as what is viewed in my browser after saving the project... Is there any way to get Sencha architect to use the nightly build I am using?

Sencha - Support Team
    Vote Rating
    Gary Schlosberg has a spectacular aura about Gary Schlosberg has a spectacular aura about Gary Schlosberg has a spectacular aura about

You might try the Architect forum to get the best answer to that question.
    http://www.sencha.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?117
    Are you a Sencha products veteran who has wondered what it might be like to work at Sencha? If so, please reach out to our recruiting manager: sheryl@sencha.com

Thread Participants: 2