Ext User
    Vote Rating
    Alastair Grant is on a distinguished road

Lightbulb Ext.nd direction..

Ext.nd direction..

Hi,

I'm new to Ext and am making slow progress.. there are a lot of nice stuff in the box but all seem quite complicated to implement.. my preference for Ext.nd would be to try and work with the existing Ext toolset rather than get agents to read the DXL and try and convert everything on the form to work with Ext. I think this is needed for the view /outlines which are excellent, but for form actions I think if a 'standard set of actions' are provided (e.g Save, Edit, open in new tab, close tab etc) then there would be a quicker uptake.. and you could just add them on the form in JS as needed.

Key things for me are,

1) Ability to build a frameset, (a mix of views, outlines, pages, etc. maybe a tutorial is needed)
    2) Ability to display Categorised Views, searchable and in a grid layout.
    3) Ability to open documents in the different 'frames' built in the frameset
    4) Ability to build a form/page with tabs
    5) Ability to add / remove / close tabs that you have created.

Then the nice to haves are :

1) Date fields
    2) Dialog Boxes.
    etc..
    As we can add the current field elements in to build the form in html.

The ability to disable some of the Session info.. as this could expose to much information about the application to internet users..

Anyhow, it's only my opinion as a user, your doing some great work already.

Rgs, Alastair

Vote Rating
    RWaters is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by Alastair Grant View Post
    Hi,
    I'm new to Ext and am making slow progress.. there are a lot of nice stuff in the box but all seem quite complicated to implement.. my preference for Ext.nd would be to try and work with the existing Ext toolset rather than get agents to read the DXL and try and convert everything on the form to work with Ext. I think this is needed for the view /outlines which are excellent, but for form actions I think if a 'standard set of actions' are provided (e.g Save, Edit, open in new tab, close tab etc) then there would be a quicker uptake.. and you could just add them on the form in JS as needed.
    With our last release we included our first run of support for converting basic @formula actions over for you, is there something different you'd rather see here?

Key things for me are,

1) Ability to build a frameset, (a mix of views, outlines, pages, etc. maybe a tutorial is needed)
    2) Ability to display Categorised Views, searchable and in a grid layout.
    3) Ability to open documents in the different 'frames' built in the frameset
    4) Ability to build a form/page with tabs
    5) Ability to add / remove / close tabs that you have created.
    1. Ext provides a great layout system, take a look into the BorderLayout.
    2. Work on categorized views is underway.
    3. Also on our todo list to provide an easier means of defining a 'target' for opening documents
    4. The Ext.nd database provides an example of this, and I believe there was a thread not long ago that was also dealing with a tabbed document
    5. This ability is native to Ext there should be several examples within the forums.

Then the nice to haves are :

1) Date fields
    2) Dialog Boxes.
    etc..
    As we can add the current field elements in to build the form in html.
    1. Adding a class of xnd-date to a field will make it a date field.
    2. Taking a look at the basic Ext.Window examples will show how easy windows/dialogs are.

The ability to disable some of the Session info.. as this could expose to much information about the application to internet users..
    This is probably a good idea, and I'm sure we can come up with a way to limit the information available.

Ext User
    Vote Rating
    tarikonen is on a distinguished road

Hi Rich, is it possible to foresee a date for the next release? the actual version is not usable in production and it would be interesting to understand if the next version will arrive among a week, one month, 6 months.
    It would be interesting to also understand when you will be able to furnish commercial licenses with relative support for us consumers and financial support for you developers

Thanks in advance for your work

Sencha - Services Team
    Vote Rating
    jratcliff is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by tarikonen View Post
    Hi Rich, is it possible to foresee a date for the next release? the actual version is not usable in production and it would be interesting to understand if the next version will arrive among a week, one month, 6 months.
    It definitely will be less than 6 months. I would say within a week or two the next beta will be released. Also, you say it isn't usable in production. Can you give us a list of what we can add/fix to get it there in your opinion?

Quote Originally Posted by tarikonen View Post
    It would be interesting to also understand when you will be able to furnish commercial licenses with relative support for us consumers and financial support for you developers

Thanks in advance for your work
    Well, Rich and I need to discuss this some more but for me, one reason to not offer a license yet is because there are several more enhancements we are working on that I want to see in the product first. Mainly categorized view support and more support for methods and properties to the Ext.nd classes that access the Domino objects.

~Jack R.

Vote Rating
    Mike Amberg is on a distinguished road

The only items holding me back from putting this is production are:
    1) Categorized Views ... waiting for next BETA
    2) Login ... I will try the login code posted by GADALKA this weekend to see if i can get it to work.
    3) Search ... Working on all views

Nice to Haves: ... I will be trying to get these items working in the current version
    1) A preview pane/panel to the main view
    2) A Logo panel at the top

In my case there is still a big hole in my understanding the differences in Ext.nd and Ext as well as controling and coding the existing Ext.nd framework.

I am not sure what can be brought across from Ext to Ext.nd

We need an ext.nd "SandBox" example & demos area
    Last edited by Mike Amberg; 8 Mar 2008 at 1:04 PM. Reason: Added point 3

Sencha - Services Team
    Vote Rating

Hi,
    ...but for form actions I think if a 'standard set of actions' are provided (e.g Save, Edit, open in new tab, close tab etc) then there would be a quicker uptake.. and you could just add them on the form in JS as needed...
    I missed this comment. Like Rich said, for these basic operations you can set the corresponding @Command and the formula will be converted to JS and will work with Ext/Ext.nd

1) Save - @Command([FileSave]);
    2) Edit - @Command([EditDocument])
    3) Close - @Command([FileCloseWindow])
    4) Open - @Command([EditDocument];"0") - not in this beta but in the next beta

We also have planned to implement the save, edit, close, and open methods in Ext.nd.UIDocument and Ext.nd.UIWorkspace

Ext User
    Vote Rating
    tarikonen is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by jratcliff View Post
    It definitely will be less than 6 months. I would say within a week or two the next beta will be released. Also, you say it isn't usable in production. Can you give us a list of what we can add/fix to get it there in your opinion?
    Categorized Views is central point of the development in Lotus Domino for which to use Ext.nd in production is necessary to have it. The other central point is the search on all type of views (flat and categorized).

For me this is the two "must".

Thanks for all

Ext User
    Vote Rating
    JuanPalomo is on a distinguished road

Talking

Hi all,

I am also new but playing around this weeks with the ext and you have a really great job done!
    The couple of things that i miss apart what you said before in this post.

- Ability to hide view actions based on roles (example: IsNotMember"[Director]";@UserRoles)
    - Ability to delete more than one document at the time.
    - Ability to Refresh view after create a new document or delete document. (maybe this is done but i didn't found it)
    - Search picklist name is not working for me.
    - Open documents/views/forms in the center panel from the east/north panel (maybe this is done but i didn't found it)

- I am agree with Mike that we need a ext.nd "SandBox". It's a good idea.

Jack, what you said about "one reason to not offer a license yet".... do you mean that in the future releases we don't will have open source ?

I hoopy you can understand me.. sorry about my english and also it's only my opinion as a new user.

Thanks in advance

Sencha - Services Team
    Vote Rating

Quote Originally Posted by JuanPalomo View Post
    Hi all,

I am also new but playing around this weeks with the ext and you have a really great job done!
    The couple of things that i miss apart what you said before in this post.

- Ability to hide view actions based on roles (example: IsNotMember"[Director]";@UserRoles)
    - Ability to delete more than one document at the time.
    - Ability to Refresh view after create a new document or delete document. (maybe this is done but i didn't found it)
    - Search picklist name is not working for me.
    - Open documents/views/forms in the center panel from the east/north panel (maybe this is done but i didn't found it)

- I am agree with Mike that we need a ext.nd "SandBox". It's a good idea.
    Thanks for your list, We'll make sure we work on these. As for the picklist name not working, are you getting an error? What's happening?

Quote Originally Posted by JuanPalomo View Post
    Jack, what you said about "one reason to not offer a license yet".... do you mean that in the future releases we don't will have open source ?
    Our plan is to follow the Ext model. We will have at least 2 license options. 1) a commerical license and 2) an open source license.

We will also probably offer support subscriptions but again, all of this won't happen until we feel that Ext.nd is ready for most production application situations.

Here's the Ext licensing info for reference:
    http://extjs.com/license

Ext User
    Vote Rating
    JuanPalomo is on a distinguished road

Hi Jratcliff,

Thank you very much for your reply!

The code that i'am using is for my picklist is:

ws = new Ext.nd.UIWorkspace();
    ws.PickList({
    dbPath : "/names.nsf/",
    viewName : "($People)",
    title : 'Escoga una persona',
    prompt: '',
    column : '1',
    callback : this.handleMyPickList,
    uiView : {showSearch : false}
    });

I've got NO error message when i do a picklist (($people) view ) but when i try to search he give me always 0 documents back.
    Do you know why?

I'm grateful for your support.
    Thanks again.