Looks like we cannot reproduce this. Please provide another test case to reproduce this issue.
    Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    JenH is on a distinguished road

Default File Input in Chrome not fully clickable when button only

File Input in Chrome not fully clickable when button only

When using google chrome (tested on OSX v 10.9.3), creating a file input field with button only set to true and the button scale set to large, only the top part of the button is clickable. This seems to be because the height of the hidden file input field is being controlled by the font-size, but since there is no text in the field, chrome doesn't set the height automatically like firefox does. Setting the height attribute on the .x-form-file-input css class seems to fix the issue.

running the following code in sencha fiddle with the doctype set to "quirks" reproduces the issue.
    Ext.create('Ext.form.FileUploadField', {
    buttonConfig: {
    scale: 'large',
    icon: 'image.png',
    iconAlign: 'top'
    },
    buttonText: 'Word',
    buttonOnly: true,
    renderTo: Ext.getBody()
    });

see: https://fiddle.sencha.com/#fiddle/6vp

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

Default Ext JS 4

Ext JS 4

We're actually using, and saw this bug in, Ext JS 4.2.2. I put the bug in the wrong forum. However, it is still not fixed in v 5 per sencha fiddle

Sencha - Senior Forum Manager mitchellsimoens's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute

Your fiddle, I'm using OSX 10.9.3 with Chrome 35 and I click anywhere in the button and it shows the file picker as expected.
    Mitchell Simoens @SenchaMitch
    Sencha Inc, Senior Forum Manager

Think my support is good? Get more personalized support via a support subscription. https://www.sencha.com/store/

Need more help with your app? Hire Sencha Services services@sencha.com

Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out Sencha Touch in Action that is in print!

When posting code, please use BBCode's CODE tags.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

Default doctype: quirks

doctype: quirks

Hi. When I link the fiddle it always reverts the doctype back to strict but this only happens when the doctype is "quirks" in the fiddle. Can you please check your doctype and try again? Thanks!

Sencha - Ext JS Dev Team Phil Guerrant's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    Phil Guerrant is just really nice Phil Guerrant is just really nice Phil Guerrant is just really nice Phil Guerrant is just really nice

Ext JS 5 no longer supports quirks mode. as of 5.0.0 doctype is required.
    Phil Guerrant
    Ext JS - Development Team

Sencha Premium Member karlsnyder0's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    karlsnyder0 is on a distinguished road

This bug is for ExtJS 4.2.2 and should be moved to the Ext 4: Bug forum. I can confirm that this bug exists in ExtJS 4.2.2.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

I attempted to post this issue in the 4.* forum, but it's pending approval. In the meantime, here's a screencast of the issue in the fiddle I posted. I've updated the version in there to be version 4. The doctype still does not stay as quirks if you click on the link, but changing it, you will see the same issue. http://screencast.com/t/Bd3tpRIB7q