Thank you for reporting this bug. We will make it our priority to review this report.
    Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    arahlf is on a distinguished road

Default Chart series.destroy() not removing sprites

Chart series.destroy() not removing sprites

In my application I have a chart that I reconfigure with different series at runtime based on drill in like actions. When you call chart.setSeries, it hooks up the new series, but the old ones fully destroyed and still show up in the chart.

I created a fiddle that demonstrates the issue: https://fiddle.sencha.com/#fiddle/773

Included at the top is a crude override I created that seems to fix the issue, although I don't know how correct of a fix it really is.

Sencha - Support Team
    Vote Rating
    fmoseley is a name known to all fmoseley is a name known to all fmoseley is a name known to all fmoseley is a name known to all fmoseley is a name known to all fmoseley is a name known to all

Thanks for the report. I do not think this is a bug as I do not believe that that is the intended purpose of the destroy function. With that said there is a feature request open to, TOUCH-3813, to make it easier to change the series on a chart.
    Get more personalized support via a support subscription.

Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out
    Sencha training
    Sencha Touch in Action

Need more help with your app? Hire Sencha Services services@sencha.com

When posting code, please use BBCode's CODE tags.

Need to include a test case use:
    The official Sencha Fiddle

Thread Participants: 1