Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    hacket82 is on a distinguished road

Default Ext.Direct with .Net Web API 2.0

Ext.Direct with .Net Web API 2.0

First let me say I am about two weeks into discovering Ext JS, true Newbie here so be kind please. pretty please

I have a .Net Web API 2.0 solution that I call with my Ext JS application(s). These calls are all RESTful API calls with json and I am currently using the rest proxyin Ext JS to connect to the calls without issue from within my Ext JS apps, but I am curious to know if I can also use the Direct Proxy in order to connect with these RESTful calls also.

I am not in control of these Web Service calls and cannot add an API Config ( might be the wrong term), I am referring to the ASHX files that are used in solution examples into the .Net program. Can I still use Direct without the ability to discover these methods? or is that the whole purpose behind the Direct architecture?

Is there a good tutorial on Direct and .Net, and please don't refer me to the thread with the .Net complete solutions, I have looked them over, what I want is an actual tutorial if any exists that has details on why each step is taken so I can understand the whole Direct concept.

Thanks,

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    domagoj.jugovic is on a distinguished road

No, you can't use direct for this. For using Ext direct you must use an server side direct implementation. Ext direct send metadata to Ext client and Ext generates client stub functions, so calling Ext direct looks like calling local JS functions. But it also uses JSON as format. Also Ext direct api can be organized as classes and methods, also you can specify namespace in which Ext will generate stubs at client side.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    hacket82 is on a distinguished road

Thank you this clears up a bit of the cloudiness of what I was trying to understand...
    None of the tutorials really state that emphatically. I will stick with the REST proxy for now

Thread Participants: 1