Ext JS Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    Olivier Smeesters is on a distinguished road

Lightbulb Disabling before rendering

Disabling before rendering

Hi,

I'm using your extension and found the following issue. If you call disable() before the button has been rendered, the method will try to disable the inputFileEl before it exists.

To solve this, I've modified enable() and disable() to test if this.rendered and this.inputFileEl before applying to the inputFileEl and added the test to the onRender() method (if this.isDisabled, disable the dom element).

BTW, I'm using your extension instead of the extension provided by ExtJS 3 because the ExtJS extension has no detachFileInput. I can put your button in a toolbar and move the file input element to a hidden form for the upload. I don't see how this can be done with the ExtJS FileUploadField.

My 2 cents,

Olivier
    Attached Files

Vote Rating
    loeppky is on a distinguished road

Hi guys,

I'm sorry for the delayed response. I haven't been doing much Ext work with my team lately, thus am a bit out of the Ext loop.

That said, I don't want to put anytime into supporting this extension given that there is an official Ext extension instead. Olivier Smeesters brings up a concern about functionality that this extension provides over the Ext one. That said, I would rather energy be put into making the Ext one meet people's use cases.

If others want to keep this extension alive rather than working on improving the Ext one, go for it. It would probably be best to start a new thread so that the maintainers can modify the original post with the most up to date code. Alternatively, someone could create a project on GitHub for this.

I will update the original post saying this extension is no longer supported (by me) and that people will need to either read the most recent posts for the latest updates or switch to using the Ext provided control.

Sound good?
    Steve
    Do you use DWR? Check out: http://github.com/BigLep/ExtJsWithDwr

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    cblin is on a distinguished road

For people that are still using this extension, note that we had to make this modification inside the code :
    //this.clipEl.on({
    // 'mousemove': this.onButtonMouseMove,
    // 'mouseover': this.onButtonMouseMove,
    // scope: this
    //});

this.buttonCt.on({
    'mousemove': this.onButtonMouseMove,
    'mouseover': this.onButtonMouseMove,
    scope: this
    });

because this was sometimes causing problem with IE 6 & 7 (the mouseover and mousemove events were not triggered)

Ext JS Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    scottw is on a distinguished road

The previously mentioned IE8 problem may have something to do with the DOCTYPE. When using XHTML strict, the problem appears. When we switched to using XHTML transitional the problem went away. I saw the problem on IE7 as well.

Vote Rating

I know that I have said that I am no longer supporting this extension and that people should use Ext's Ext.ux.form.FileUploadField. I started using it myself last week and found problems with it. I have made the necessary fixes and documented them here: http://www.extjs.com/forum/showthread.php?p=402903. I don't expect to ever update this thread again.

Ext User
    Vote Rating
    freakmod is on a distinguished road

I have to say this version is much better than the current official ExtJS one. Hopefully they take ideas from this one such as the moving browse button and non interference with adjacent buttons and add these features to the one in 3.x.x!

Vote Rating

Quote Originally Posted by freakmod View Post
    I have to say this version is much better than the current official ExtJS one. Hopefully they take ideas from this one such as the moving browse button and non interference with adjacent buttons and add these features to the one in 3.x.x!
    Can you please add a post to http://www.extjs.com/forum/showthread.php?p=407357 suggesting that the Ext team incorporate these changes.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    sanjaybh is on a distinguished road

Hi there,

I need one <input type="file"> in my application where browse will put whole file path to the text box using extjs. I am new to extjs, need some help ?

regards
    Sanjay

Vote Rating
    lorezyra will become famous soon enough lorezyra will become famous soon enough

Arrow File Path from browse

File Path from browse

Quote Originally Posted by sanjaybh View Post
    Hi there,

I need one <input type="file"> in my application where browse will put whole file path to the text box using extjs. I am new to extjs, need some help ?

regards
    Sanjay
    Sanjay,
    Only certain browsers will return the full pathway to a selected file. Most do NOT. If you want to get the full pathway, you will have to implement an independent applet or flash component that retrieves the file...
    Perfection as a goal is a nice idea that can point one in a specific direction. However, since "perfection" is an ever changing (evolving?) and moving target, one must admit that perfection can never be obtained...

When in doubt, check the d4mn source code!
    ================================================
    And here are my terms...
    1. I don't care if you use my source code. (Known as "Code.")
    2. I don't care if I get any monetary compensation.
    3. I do care to receive credit for Code provided. So, please keep my name in the comments for Code provided.
    4. Code is provided without warranty "AS-IS" and I claim absolutely no warranty nor liability to the quality, security, and run-ability on any platform.
    5. By using Code, you accept all risk inherit with Code regardless if Code has known and yet to be discovered bugs.
    6. You are welcome to change and improve the Code to best meet your needs.
    7. I don't care if you use the Code in a commercial or open-source project.
    8. You are not required to contact me prior to using the Code.
    ================================================
    Simple. Enjoy.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    prasadk14 is on a distinguished road

Default Not working for 3.2.1

Not working for 3.2.1

Ext.ux.form.BrowseButton is not working with Ext 3.2.1.

Is there an updated code available?

Thanks,
    Prasad K