Vote Rating
    loeppky is on a distinguished road

dawesi: I don't see what the problem is? What do you mean by "they both render the same"? The debug version below shows the input file "Browse" button not being hidden.

Vote Rating

t34: Once again, MaximGB comes up huge. He had some ideas on a great starting point for making tabbing work with the BrowseButton. I have incorporated, moddified (slightly), and tested his suggestions. Go ahead and test if out on the demo page: http://loeppky.com/steven/code/samples/BrowseButton/.

Notes: you may have to clear your cache to pick up the newest version of BrowseButton.js. Also, as stated in the original post, reverse-tabbing (shift+tab) doesn't work once one has tabbed to the BrowseButon. One has to tab twice to get past the BrowseButton.

Sencha - Community Support Team jsakalos's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    jsakalos has a brilliant future jsakalos has a brilliant future jsakalos has a brilliant future jsakalos has a brilliant future jsakalos has a brilliant future jsakalos has a brilliant future jsakalos has a brilliant future jsakalos has a brilliant future jsakalos has a brilliant future jsakalos has a brilliant future jsakalos has a brilliant future

Hi loeppky,

is there any reason why inputs are wrapped in <em></em>? I mean detachInputFile() returns input element wrapped in em. It just complicates my code as I need to cleanup those stray ems.
    Jozef Sakalos, aka Saki

Education, extensions and services for developers at new http://extjs.eu
    News: Grid Search Plugin, ExtJS 5 Complex Data Binding using MVVM

Vote Rating
    jsakalos has a brilliant future jsakalos has a brilliant future jsakalos has a brilliant future jsakalos has a brilliant future jsakalos has a brilliant future jsakalos has a brilliant future jsakalos has a brilliant future jsakalos has a brilliant future jsakalos has a brilliant future jsakalos has a brilliant future jsakalos has a brilliant future

Better to say detachInputFile() returns input element but there are still stray unneeded ems.
    Jozef Sakalos, aka Saki

Vote Rating

jsakalos: I don't know what the root issue is, but I assume it's a browser or Ext thing. When I create the input file element in the createInputFile method, you'll notice that the line right after is this.inputFileEl = this.inputFileEl.child('input') || this.inputFileEl. This is done because the create method sometimes returns <em><input type="file/></em> verses <input type="file/>. Again, I don't know why this is, but the detachInputFile method should just return the input file, not the input file wrapped in em tags. Is that what you're seeing? Is your concern then just the left over em tags?

Vote Rating

Yeah, detachInputFile always returns <input></input>. The root of the issue is that I want to get rid of those unnecessary <em></em> that would lead to memory leak in the long run. (Tiny leak, but why not to cleanup if we know about it).
    Jozef Sakalos, aka Saki

Vote Rating

I have family coming over soon and won't be able to look into this until Monday. If you want to take care of it, and send me the fix, I'll get it posted Monday when I head into the office.

Vote Rating

Well, it is not that urgent as it doesn't prevent functionality of the browser button. Anyway, I'm not going into it - author's debugging is always most effective.

Take it easy, not urgent problem.
    Jozef Sakalos, aka Saki

Touch Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    Ramsay is on a distinguished road

I'd like to be able to hit the browse button, choose a file, and as soon as I hit ok have that file uploaded by XHR... any pointers on how I could do this?

Ext JS Premium Member
    Greetings from Sol : Earth : Europe : Germany : MV : Rostock : S├╝dstadt
    Vote Rating
    t34 is on a distinguished road

Please have a look at post #8.