Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    rawalker is on a distinguished road

Default Unanswered: Is PhoneGap still required to put app in the app store?

Unanswered: Is PhoneGap still required to put app in the app store?

I'm new to using Sencha Touch, and one thing is confusing me. I started by creating a basic app by using Sencha command 4.0.4.84. I did not do anything to add in PhoneGap. I got the thing built, and even got it onto an actual Android phone by using "sencha app build native", then using adb to push it onto the phone. The app works on the phone without PhoneGap.

However, I've seen people saying something about how PhoneGap is required if you want to put a Sencha Touch app in the various app stores. I cannot tell if this information is out of date (since I know for Sencha Touch 1, you had to use PhoneGap to package Sencha Touch natively), or if there is some limitation with Sencha Touch 2's native build that prevents you from publishing in the app store, but you can download to the phone manually, at least for Android?

Sencha User
    Answers
    Vote Rating
    fischer1121 is on a distinguished road

Yes, you still need some sort of wrapper (e.g., phonegap, crosswalk, ...) to distribute your app on the Android and iOS app stores

Sencha - Senior Forum Manager mitchellsimoens's Avatar
    Answers
    Vote Rating
    mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute

If you built for native without PhoneGap (or Cordova or others) that is because Cmd 4 still has stbuild which is Sencha's native packager. I would suggest that you work with Cordova or PhoneGap as stbuild is deprecated and even removed in Cmd 5.
    Mitchell Simoens @SenchaMitch
    Sencha Inc, Senior Forum Manager

Think my support is good? Get more personalized support via a support subscription. https://www.sencha.com/store/

Need more help with your app? Hire Sencha Services services@sencha.com

Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out Sencha Touch in Action that is in print!

When posting code, please use BBCode's CODE tags.

Thread Participants: 2