Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    Answers
    JohnJones357 is on a distinguished road

Default Unanswered: tpl--having to iterate additional times when using store as opposed to inline data

Unanswered: tpl--having to iterate additional times when using store as opposed to inline data

I need an explanation on why I have to iterate multiple times when using a store for my tpl and not when using inline data using "data" property.

Inside my DataView initComponent:

Code:
     this.tpl = new Ext.XTemplate(
         '<table border="1" width="100%">',
           // '<tpl for = ".">',
               '<tr>',
                  '<tpl for="COLUMNS">',
                      '<th style="color:white;">{.}</th>',
                  '</tpl>',
               '</tr>',
            // '</tpl>',
            // '<tpl for=".">',
             '<tpl for="ROWS">',
               '<tr>',
                 '<tpl for=".">',
                   '<td align="center" style="background-color:{[this.getHeatColor(values.HEAT)]}">{VAL}</td>',
                 '</tpl>',
               '</tr>',
             '</tpl>',
             //'</tpl>',
         '</table>',
    when using a store, im having to iterate using <tpl for="."> (commented out above) before looping through COLUMNS array and again before looping ROWS array. I wanted to know why I need to iterate twice because both COLUMNS and ROWS are in the same data root.

When using inline data i can use above tpl as is, with the <tpl for="."> commented out.

JSON data:

Code:
    { "data" : {
          "COLUMNS": [
             "Column 1",
             "Column 2",
             "Column 3"
           ],

"ROWS": [
             [{"VAL":"R1C1", "HEAT":1}, {"VAL":"R1C2", "HEAT":3}, {"VAL":"R1C3", "HEAT":2}],
             [{"VAL":"R2C1", "HEAT":1}, {"VAL":"R2C2", "HEAT":1}, {"VAL":"R2C3", "HEAT":4}]
           ]
         }
     }

Vote Rating
    Answers
    slemmon has much to be proud of slemmon has much to be proud of slemmon has much to be proud of slemmon has much to be proud of slemmon has much to be proud of slemmon has much to be proud of slemmon has much to be proud of slemmon has much to be proud of

It may help to see your code demonstrated. Can you share a test case at https://fiddle.sencha.com showing how you're processing each use case?
    Are you a Sencha products veteran who has wondered what it might be like to work at Sencha? If so, please reach out to our recruiting manager: sheryl@sencha.com

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    Answers

https://fiddle.sencha.com/#fiddle/cb2

here is the fiddle for the inline data use case. Will post use case using json data from store shortly

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    Answers

Here is the fiddle for the use case using a store. However, I am unable to run it because of the following error--
    document[root].slice is not a function. I am only getting this error in fiddle. Its working as expected inside my app.

https://fiddle.sencha.com/#fiddle/cc9

Vote Rating
    Answers
    slemmon has much to be proud of slemmon has much to be proud of slemmon has much to be proud of slemmon has much to be proud of slemmon has much to be proud of slemmon has much to be proud of slemmon has much to be proud of slemmon has much to be proud of

The store is expecting to be able to read in unique records and apply the data from those records to the view template.
    For this sort of data I'd use Ext.Ajax.request() to pull the data down and then apply it to the dataview.
    Are you a Sencha products veteran who has wondered what it might be like to work at Sencha? If so, please reach out to our recruiting manager: sheryl@sencha.com

Thread Participants: 1