You found a bug! We've classified it as EXTJSIII-239 . We encourage you to continue the discussion and to find an acceptable workaround while we work on a permanent fix.
    Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    padraig is on a distinguished road

Default htmleditor not editable on 2nd initialisation

htmleditor not editable on 2nd initialisation

Ext version tested:
    • Ext 3.4 rev 2
    • Ext 3.4 rev 1.1
    Browser versions tested against:
    • IE11
    DOCTYPE tested against:
    • <!DOCTYPE html>
    Description:
    • When a htmleditor is part of an Ext.window and that window is close()d and created newly again, the htmleditor component is not usable
    Steps to reproduce the problem:
    • Create a function to generate and show an Ext.Window with a htmleditor as a component of its items config.
    • Have a button there to call that function so that a new Window + htmleditor will come up.
    • See that the htmleditor is working as expected
    • Now close the Window and click the button again to bring up a new instance of the window + htmleditor
    • Notice now that the htmleditor is not working correctly
    The result that was expected:
    • A fully working htmleditor that text can be typed into
    The result that occurs instead:
    • The htmleditor is not able to take text input

Related to the following discussion: http://www.sencha.com/forum/showthre...initialisation
    Padraig.

Vote Rating
    slemmon has much to be proud of slemmon has much to be proud of slemmon has much to be proud of slemmon has much to be proud of slemmon has much to be proud of slemmon has much to be proud of slemmon has much to be proud of slemmon has much to be proud of slemmon has much to be proud of

Hi,

I'm not able to reproduce the issue I don't believe. Can you review my test case below and see if you can fork it to demonstrate the issue you're seeing?

Are you a Sencha products veteran who has wondered what it might be like to work at Sencha? If so, please reach out to our recruiting manager:
    sheryl@sencha.com

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

Hi, thanks for the reply. The issue is that it will always run correctly in an iframe like in JSFiddle, if you read the forum message here http://www.sencha.com/forum/showthre...initialisation it'll describe the issue in more detail. In my demo that I've provided, I've set up a regular button on the main page and another in the iframe. The window generated from the ifra will always work correctly.
    Padraig.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

Hi Seth, the following is a direct link to the preview of your Fiddle from above: https://fiddle.sencha.com/fiddle/d4b/preview If you open this up in IE11 then you'll see the issue. Click on the button and bring up the Window + htmleditor and you'll see it's working fine, but now close the Window and click on the button again to bring up a new Window + htmleditor and you'll see it won't take any input.
    Padraig.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

Default Temporary fix

Temporary fix

Hi Seth,

I've found a temporary fix to make it work. Check out this Fiddle (LINK) forked from your one. You can test it properly (non IFrame) at this PREVIEW LINK in IE11.

The hacked fix is to put the htmleditor within a panel that has a layout of 'form', like so:

Code:
    items: [{
        layout: 'form',
        items: [{
            xtype: 'htmleditor',
            hideLabel: true
        }]
    }]
    Obviously this is only a temporary hacked solution to the issue but I hope it'll be able to guide you on to finding a proper solution/patch for this issue. I really don't want to have too many nested components and also there will be lots of margin/padding/border/etc changes needed to make it look like the superfluous panel isn't there.
    Padraig.

Vote Rating
    slemmon has much to be proud of slemmon has much to be proud of slemmon has much to be proud of slemmon has much to be proud of slemmon has much to be proud of slemmon has much to be proud of slemmon has much to be proud of slemmon has much to be proud of slemmon has much to be proud of

Thanks for the report! I have opened a bug in our bug tracker.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

Great, hopefully the bug will be an easy one to fix!
    Padraig.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

Any progress made on this bug? Should I open a premium ticket for it?
    Padraig.

Vote Rating

You don't need to open a support portal ticket for the issue since we've got the bug opened with engineering already (ticket: EXTJSIII-239). If you do decide to open a support portal ticket we'll link the support ticket with the engineering ticket and update you directly once it's been addressed.

Are you a Sencha products veteran who has wondered what it might be like to work at Sencha? If so, please reach out to our recruiting manager:
    sheryl@sencha.com

Thread Participants: 1