Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    geogeek is on a distinguished road

Default How to use Extjs with Spring

How to use Extjs with Spring

I'm so sorry if my question seems to be so simple, but i'm stuck i'm starting to work in a project involving Spring MVC, Extjs 5 and ExtDirect for binding, the guides of extjs recommends using Sencha Cmd to create what seems to be an isolated project, but i imagine that my Js project should be included in the WEB_INF for the Spring project, to avoid CORS limitations during tests&dev. or should i develope in the old way without Sencha CMD?
    if possible what are the main benefits of Sencha CMD ?
    i think i'm missing some best practices in this context, any advices are welcomed.

Sencha - Support Team
    Vote Rating
    joel.watson will become famous soon enough

Quote Originally Posted by geogeek View Post
    I'm so sorry if my question seems to be so simple, but i'm stuck i'm starting to work in a project involving Spring MVC, Extjs 5 and ExtDirect for binding, the guides of extjs recommends using Sencha Cmd to create what seems to be an isolated project, but i imagine that my Js project should be included in the WEB_INF for the Spring project, to avoid CORS limitations during tests&dev. or should i develope in the old way without Sencha CMD?
    if possible what are the main benefits of Sencha CMD ?
    i think i'm missing some best practices in this context, any advices are welcomed.
    Hi geogeek--

You can create your Ext JS project wherever makes the most sense for your purposes. Sencha Cmd has a lot of benefits, such as generating applications, generating views/models/stores, managing application classes and resources, creating and managing themes, creating and managing custom packages, etc. This is all in addition to using it to prepare your application files for production.

Have you run into specific issues with creating your app with Cmd?

Thanks!

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    geogeek is on a distinguished road

i've generated the app in WEB-INF but i'm stuck now in finding an example of using spring and extjs and Ext direct, so i need some config to make it work, and i think that the extjs project should be located in resources. do you have any idea about using extjs in spring project ?

Sencha - Support Team
    Vote Rating
    joel.watson will become famous soon enough

There should be lots of resources available, as I know many have done this. One resource I'd especially encourage you to check out is this library: https://github.com/ralscha/extdirectspring It has examples, demos, and configuration guidance.

Thanks!

Thread Participants: 1