Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    gkatz is on a distinguished road

Default Ext.Direct implementation for java (EXt 5)

Ext.Direct implementation for java (EXt 5)

Hi guys;
    so it looks like there's no formal java impl for Ext.direct for Ext 5.
    whats my best bet? any experience anyone had?
    thanks.

Sencha - Support Team
    Vote Rating
    joel.watson will become famous soon enough

Quote Originally Posted by gkatz View Post
    Hi guys;
    so it looks like there's no formal java impl for Ext.direct for Ext 5.
    whats my best bet? any experience anyone had?
    thanks.
    Hi gkatz--

I moved your thread to the Direct forum so that hopefully it will get more visibility.

That said, have you looked into something like: https://github.com/ralscha/extdirectspring?

Best of luck!

Thanks

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    gkatz is on a distinguished road

well; it requires a spring back end which i don't have...i am looking for something more standalonish like https://code.google.com/p/directjngine/ only with ext 5 support

Sencha - Ext JS Dev Team
    Vote Rating
    nohuhu has a spectacular aura about nohuhu has a spectacular aura about nohuhu has a spectacular aura about

@gkatz,

I'm not familiar with directjngine or any other Java stacks, but there hasn't been any breaking changes between Ext JS 4.x and 5.x, including the upcoming 5.1.0; which means that most of the server side implementations should work as they were if they're not doing something funky.

Support for new features is a totally different matter though, and most of the stacks lag behind the client side significantly. I try to keep my reference stack up to date but cannot vouch for other contributors; since the effort is community driven nobody can guarantee that particular implementation will support all available features and stay updated in the future.

Speaking as a fellow contributor though, I can surmise that directjngine author may be willing to accept pull requests. ;)

Regards,
    Alex.

Thread Participants: 2