Vote Rating
    jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all

Default Spammers. They need to be schlapped.

Spammers. They need to be schlapped.

I started to notice this problem through technoratti and decided to see what's here on extjs.com. I already notifed Jon but Don't want to flood his inbox with these other ones.

These guys are actually using their profiles as a way to get spam out. Very smart if you ask me. They don't need to post on the forums. They have a bigger reach just having an account! You guys should have these words blocked for user account names in VB.

Check this mamajama out.

Vote Rating
    jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all

Vote Rating
    evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute

I just banned some (around 30). The vBulletin interface sucks, have to do it one record at a time.

Banned
    Vote Rating
    buzz is on a distinguished road

Aren't you equally responsible for spamming.. See your signature.It takes up half the screen..So annoying

Who am i, what i do:
    Owner: TDG Innovations LLC
    CTO: Bebekisses.com

EXT used here:

Help the community help you - Post your code in PHP, CODE or HTML tags.

If you are using EXT in a production environment, please consider supporting them and buy a license!

Vote Rating

You can turn signatures off. I'll reduce the number of line breaks.

Vote Rating

btw, are you running on an 800x600 monitor? I'll be sure to add to the list of links on my signature so you will have a reason to lump me in w/ spammers.

Banned
    Vote Rating
    buzz is on a distinguished road

Anything that isn't related to Ext IMO is considered SPAM. Be it or bebekisses

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    benny00 is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by buzz View Post
    Anything that isn't related to Ext IMO is considered SPAM. Be it or bebekisses
    So if I would follow your thoughts, then even the pictures of the users are spam, right?
    You must be joking dude. I think that this is a really well working community. So anyone sharing additional information about themselves (be it his website, the place he works, his picture or whatever) is not spam. I think that since there are live people behind usernames (and not EXTJs robots), I personally find it interesting if someone has additional info.

PS: I second on that monitor change more pixels->more EXT-JS per dot!

Sencha - Architect Dev Team aconran's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold

We noticed this too. Brian and I went through and removed a number of them the other night but are trying to work out a better solution as it seems to be a losing battle.
    Aaron Conran
    @aconran
    Sencha Architect Development Team

Vote Rating
    Lobos is an unknown quantity at this point

Yep anything to do with spam will require an automated type affair. Just have a script run thru the users table every so often checking with regexp for matches to keywords then it could disable or wipe the account. After awhile you should be able to build up a decent dictionary of spam words to can.

you could also check this dictionary at signup time as well. VB should really be looking after this by now though...

-Lobos