Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    herleraja is on a distinguished road

Default Lack of performance and browser page rendering issue in GXT3.0.1 for Basic Grid

Lack of performance and browser page rendering issue in GXT3.0.1 for Basic Grid

Hi,

I'm facing lack of performance and browser page rendering issue in GXT3.0.1 for Basic Grid(I cant use paging grid in my application).

1. My application needs to load 4000 records at a time into the basic grid and browser give errors like { Stop Script --> "Yes" or "No" }. Also browser sometime get frozen , and become not responding .

2. Since i have 4000 records (grid having 17 column) based on particular column data match(.equals()) filter is working , but looping through 4000 records and matching column data , and then filtering is taking so much time and sometime browser wont support i.e become not responsive. I'm using the filter provided by sencha .

So please provide me your valued input on this :
    * if possible provide the best performance filter.
    * please provide input, how to make UI more speed and responsive or quickly loads the data.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    udeleng is on a distinguished road

Default Use RepeatingCommand and SQL filtering

Use RepeatingCommand and SQL filtering

To load the grid without locking up your browser, you can use Scheduler.RepeatingCommand (http://www.gwtproject.org/doc/latest...ml#incremental).

For filtering, you're better of doing it on the backend, directly in your DB. Client side filtering on large data might be slow if it has to perform lots of String parsing.

Navigating a grid with 4000 records would an impractical, since the scroll bar handle becomes really small and using it causes the grid to scroll too much. Not sure why you can't use paging in you app, but that would be preferred.

Thread Participants: 1