Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    jmcolyer is on a distinguished road

Default Sencha Architect app.js (Application) getting corrupted.

Sencha Architect app.js (Application) getting corrupted.

We had 3 separate teams report that their app.js "reset". The teams were using 2 different versions.

3.1.0.1851 & 3.2.0.75

2 of the teams reverted their changes to a previous commit and had to redo their work. I sat down with the last team and figured out how to recover. We reverted the Application and app.json.meta files (with Sencha Architect closed), and were able to recover. Now any views, controllers, etc. that would have been added to Application would have to be added by hand.

Is this happening to anyone else? I find it strange that it happened to 3 separate people. Is there a more stable release we need to download?

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    jmcolyer is on a distinguished road

Default No response???

No response???

I find it odd that I haven't heard a response on this from Sencha. We're at a point where the development teams are getting frustrated and talking about abandoning Sencha Architect.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    charCo is on a distinguished road

This is happening to our team as well. We end up catching the issue once we get a white screen reload of the application. Once we see that and go to check the files, we see that the Application metadata file has disappeared and any changed files now start with the default MyApp default context. It requires restoring the Application metadata file and then going back and reworking every changed file to reset the correct context.

For newer developers, there have been the major issue with them checking in this deletion of the file into source control and causing a lot of headache to restore the trunk code for the rest of the team.

Thread Participants: 1