Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    bobseed is on a distinguished road

Default Baff - Business Application Functional Framework (ExtJS/Touch & Spring)

Baff - Business Application Functional Framework (ExtJS/Touch & Spring)

Baff - Business Application Functional Framework

Baff aims to provide an enterprise grade, integrated, open source software framework for business application development that hides technical complexity so that efforts are focused on delivering consistent business functionality according to standard functional design patterns.

Baff is based on an ExtJS / Touch client and Spring / JEE services, and is available in a virtual (Oracle VirtualBox) development environment based on Ubuntu, Netbeans IDE, Glassfish and MySQL.

Developing Baff has been a bit of spare time project, but I'd like to hope that it might be useful to some folks, particularly those who don't really want to get bogged down in too much technical complexity in order to deliver relatively straightforward business functionality with features such as paging, entity version control, integrated client/server validation, reference data, user security etc.

I've published all the API and some guide documentation here: http://midrig.com/baff/docs/webapp/index.html

Please take a look; however because it's a framework it's a little hard to convey what it does without actually looking at an application that is built using it, so if you are interested in trying it out then please let me know and I will send you a link to download the VM containing the development environment, which includes a complete reference application.

At this stage I'd really appreciate any constructive feedback from the community on the framework and any advice on how to raise awareness to the target audience if you consider it useful.

Sencha - Support Team
    Vote Rating
    Gary Schlosberg is a jewel in the rough Gary Schlosberg is a jewel in the rough Gary Schlosberg is a jewel in the rough Gary Schlosberg is a jewel in the rough

Thanks for taking the time to share this with the community!

Are you a Sencha products veteran who has wondered what it might be like to work at Sencha? If so, please reach out to our recruiting manager:
    sheryl@sencha.com

Thread Participants: 1