Vote Rating
    vscarpenter is on a distinguished road

Smile Which Javascript library is the best - Blog post

Which Javascript library is the best - Blog post

Hi everyone. Guess this is a little off-topic, but figured it's worth mention. Alex Popescu, who is tech lead/co-founder of InfoQ.com and co-founder of the Java testing framework TestNG has started a blog entry soliciting feedback about JavaScript frameworks:

I naturally chimed in and expressed my opinion about Ext JS being THE BEST JavaScript framework but I'm sure Alex could use other opinions. Check out his blog entry listed below:

http://themindstorms.wordpress.com/2...y-is-the-best/

Cheers.

Vote Rating
    jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all

I voted Extjs for Enterprise level applications. I dislike these posts because the more people learn about frameworks, the more you learn that they are meant for different audiences.

I've seen some very large companies use MooTools, Dojo, prototype. but for intranet level applications, Ext outshines them all!

It's like comparing apples to oranges. there is no context to 'better'.

Ext User
    Vote Rating
    esoteric is on a distinguished road

Personally I am tired of people complaining about the licensing model, it really isn't that confusing. Last time I looked at it, it was pretty cut and dry.

"If you make money using ExtJS you got to buy a commercial license, if you don't make money, then you can have it for free".

Vote Rating
    jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all

I am with you dude! I mean look at backbase. Ext is a complete Bargain! you can use it in your app, as long as you don't sell it along with your code. What's so hard to ask about that? These complainers are just foolish.