Ext User
    Vote Rating
    tkm is on a distinguished road

Default application architecture

application architecture

Hello Mates,
    In my web-application I have several pages. In every page I have included Ext. In each page/Ext I have a Ext tab component. Each of the tab component has 6/7 tabs, each with a grid. As each of the grids has different data source and different column layout and hense different listeners I developed like this. It works fine but when I move from one page to another it takes quite a bit of time as it re-loads the whole tab-grid layouts for the new pages. Can anyone please suggest how can I improve the architecture to improve the navigation time requirement for different pages? Thank you.

Sencha - Community Support Team Condor's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    Condor has much to be proud of Condor has much to be proud of Condor has much to be proud of Condor has much to be proud of Condor has much to be proud of Condor has much to be proud of Condor has much to be proud of Condor has much to be proud of

Try using deferredRender:true (so hidden tabpages are only created when selected) and load the data in the activate event of the tab.

General comments to make your Ext JS application faster:
    1. Use the Build your own Ext 2.0 to create a .js file that only contains the parts you use.
    2. Compress/join your own .js files.
    3. Enable gzip compression on your HTTP server

Ext User
    Vote Rating
    tkm is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by Condor View Post
    Try using deferredRender:true (so hidden tabpages are only created when selected) and load the data in the activate event of the tab.

General comments to make your Ext JS application faster:
    1. Use the Build your own Ext 2.0 to create a .js file that only contains the parts you use.
    2. Compress/join your own .js files.
    3. Enable gzip compression on your HTTP server
    Thank you, I will try them.

Thread Participants: 1