Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    brian.moeskau is an unknown quantity at this point

I would highly recommend submitting patches in a diff format if possible, and not renaming existing vars, etc. (if you have any intention of your patch getting looked at seriously). I can't scan the code you posted to see what you changed, and I definitely cannot drop it into any existing code.

Ext User
    Vote Rating
    sdetweil is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by brian.moeskau View Post
    I would highly recommend submitting patches in a diff format if possible, and not renaming existing vars, etc. (if you have any intention of your patch getting looked at seriously). I can't scan the code you posted to see what you changed, and I definitely cannot drop it into any existing code.
    thanks.. what is the/a recommended diff tool? I am running on windows.

I didn't see any quidelines on fix submission.

Sam

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    brian.moeskau is an unknown quantity at this point

Well, for SVN use TortoiseSVN (or any SVN client) easily generates diffs against the versioned copy of a file after you make changes.

However, if you're going to patch something manually, just use the code from ext-all-debug.js (or from the original source file, which you have in the Ext download under \source) and keep your changes to what's necessary to fix the code. Also, if you submit the code as an override, it makes it much easier for us to drop in and test. For example:
    Code:
    Ext.override(Ext.Element, {
        getAlignToXY : function(alignTo_element, position_rules, explicit_offset){
            // updated code
        },
        myNewFunction : function(){ ... }
    });
    Finally, if showing a manual override, it's helpful to bold, color or otherwise point out what you've changed to save us searching through the code looking for differences.

Ext User
    Vote Rating
    sdetweil is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by brian.moeskau View Post
    Well, for SVN use TortoiseSVN (or any SVN client) easily generates diffs against the versioned copy of a file after you make changes.

However, if you're going to patch something manually, just use the code from ext-all-debug.js (or from the original source file, which you have in the Ext download under \source) and keep your changes to what's necessary to fix the code. Also, if you submit the code as an override, it makes it much easier for us to drop in and test. For example:
    Code:
    Ext.override(Ext.Element, {
        getAlignToXY : function(alignTo_element, position_rules, explicit_offset){
            // updated code
        },
        myNewFunction : function(){ ... }
    });
    Finally, if showing a manual override, it's helpful to bold, color or otherwise point out what you've changed to save us searching through the code looking for differences.
    thanks, but sorry, all those words you just added are gibberish to me. I have no idea what SVN is, or how it relates to the code here, where I would find the 'versioned' copy. I used the source from the latest download, just couldn't figure it out with the 1 char variable names, sorry, long time (35 yr) mental problem. I also don't understand 'overrides' either. I really don't WANT to be a javascript programmer, or EXTjs guru.. I just want the stuff to work, and am willing to throw myself at some of it to get that done. I am willing to follow the rules, assuming they are clear for newbies, and don't require downloading the internet to get the library setup correct.

I don't see any instructions on how to submit the mods, do I load them somewhere, or email, or what?

My objective is to use the tools to build a great app my users will use everyday, all day.

Sam

Ext User
    Vote Rating
    yazan_rababa is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by sdetweil;

Code:
    init(){
    grid.addListener("rowcontextmenu", menus);
    }

function menus(grid, rowIndex, e) {
                              // create the menu container
                var contextMenu = new Ext.menu.Menu();
                              // add two sub items
            contextMenu.add({text:"Edit Record",handler:onClick});
            contextMenu.add({text:"View Record",handler:onClick});

// Stops the browser context menu from showing. 
            e.stopEvent();  // this stops the browser and allows the default grid  
                                                   // context menu
            // show the row context menu here
            contextMenu.showAt(e.xy);
        }
    did it work fine in opera, i tried it when you right click on grid the default browser menu will show instead of the default grid context menu