Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    AlxH is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by boonkerz View Post
    Hello,

When you click on add record on the first grid and the form is showing and then you click close and open the form of the secound grid you see the form from the first grid. and the buttons are not working.

in my version i have also rename all vars eg this.recordform to make a difference from grid1 to grid2 but it will not work

Tanks
    Sounds a lot like the problem I found in my previous post.
    Maybe you can try what helped me:
    http://extjs.com/forum/showthread.ph...186#post157186
    So we can find out if it is the same.

Sencha - Community Support Team jsakalos's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    jsakalos has a brilliant future jsakalos has a brilliant future jsakalos has a brilliant future jsakalos has a brilliant future jsakalos has a brilliant future jsakalos has a brilliant future jsakalos has a brilliant future jsakalos has a brilliant future jsakalos has a brilliant future jsakalos has a brilliant future jsakalos has a brilliant future

boonkerz,

try it now. BTW, the way you put 2 grids in window is wrong. Put them in border layout, each region 'fit' layout. Grid has to have a kind of dimensions and autoHeight/autoWidth doesn't work with grids.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    boonkerz is on a distinguished road

Hello

It works thanks for work and help.

jsakalos have say it is an patch in this thread but i could it not found.

Thanks a lot

Vote Rating
    jsakalos has a brilliant future jsakalos has a brilliant future jsakalos has a brilliant future jsakalos has a brilliant future jsakalos has a brilliant future jsakalos has a brilliant future jsakalos has a brilliant future jsakalos has a brilliant future jsakalos has a brilliant future jsakalos has a brilliant future jsakalos has a brilliant future

The "patch" is already applied.

Ext User
    Vote Rating
    cobnet is on a distinguished road

... Record is saved. To store. Plugin cannot save it to server. You can listen to store datachange event and send it to server yourself.
    Ok I can see why you would not always want to save the data immediately. There may be more changes needed and why waste a server call if there is more to be edited. I can also see why you may want the option to RESET the data, if you change your mind about editing a record. Sure the data is saved to the store, however as soon as you click the paging toolbar for the next or previous page of the grid, those changes are now gone from the store, correct?

It may be just me, but I would like a warning that my editing will be lost if I continue to the next page, right?

Ok following your instructions above, "Listen to the store datachange event and send it to the server yourself". Can you give an example on how this may be accomplished? If I listen to the datachange event, this event should fire on all editing? So the changes are saved to the store so I then wait for the paging click or the store reload event to fire off the database save?

It just seems like a warning window, ex: "Your changes will be lost if you do not save now" would be much easier. Of course you do have the knowledge of how to tie this all into a big app, how would you recommend, or should I say when would you recommend saving this data to the database the right way?

I am not looking for the server side coding on this save feature, only your suggested timing to fire it off. Thanks again for your time, I see alot of folks are repeating this same query over and over.

Ext User
    Vote Rating
    cobnet is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by mjlecomte View Post
    Your thoughts are appreciated, but as you stated, the KISS is the basic premise. Only put what is the bare minimum for the plugin to function. The other stuff you talk about may be nice depending on what a developer wants.

What you could do is post your modifications to the examples forum and post a link back here. That way you could showcase your version for others to get ideas or cut/paste as they want.
    Sorry, I was not looking at modifying this plugin, just throwing ideas up! I thought that this was Beta coding and was still in development. I also thought he was looking for ideas, suggestions, bugs etc. I simply thought this was a bug, however I see now that it is not.

Ext User
    Vote Rating
    loic is on a distinguished road

Question Another IE bug ?

Another IE bug ?

Hello,

I have performance problems using the plugin with Internet Explorer 6/7.
    I personally use Firefox but a lot of users must use IE, so...

I use a border layout with a treePanel menu in the west and a tabPanel inthe center region.
    A new grid takes about 10 s to render (once the tab is created). So is the first invocation of the form (7s)

With Firefox, everything is OK (1 or 2s for the first render).

The form performance problem is the same on recordform.extjs.eu

Any suggestion is welcomed.

Thanks,

Loic

Vote Rating

Quote Originally Posted by cobnet View Post
    Ok I can see why you would not always want to save the data immediately. There may be more changes needed and why waste a server call if there is more to be edited. I can also see why you may want the option to RESET the data, if you change your mind about editing a record. Sure the data is saved to the store, however as soon as you click the paging toolbar for the next or previous page of the grid, those changes are now gone from the store, correct?
    Exactly. When to save data is solely developer/customer decision. I've seen application that save (to server) on field blur (not even per-record change but per-field change), I have seen saving on per-record basis and I personally use per-page saving. You can edit many records seen on one page and then you save (or reset) them in one shot.

It may be just me, but I would like a warning that my editing will be lost if I continue to the next page, right?
    I disable paging toolbar if data is dirty in real application; I've already posted code of that somewhere here. You can also listen to beforeload event of store where you would test if data is dirty, you would display message box and depending on answer you would continue with load, cancel the load or save-and-then-continue with load.

Ok following your instructions above, "Listen to the store datachange event and send it to the server yourself". Can you give an example on how this may be accomplished? If I listen to the datachange event, this event should fire on all editing? So the changes are saved to the store so I then wait for the paging click or the store reload event to fire off the database save?
    You would do this if you wanted per-record saving.

It just seems like a warning window, ex: "Your changes will be lost if you do not save now" would be much easier. Of course you do have the knowledge of how to tie this all into a big app, how would you recommend, or should I say when would you recommend saving this data to the database the right way?
    See above.

I am not looking for the server side coding on this save feature, only your suggested timing to fire it off. Thanks again for your time, I see alot of folks are repeating this same query over and over.
    Server side: Go to http://extjs.eu and find linke "I want Saki's FileTree backend".

Vote Rating

Quote Originally Posted by loic View Post
    Hello,

I have performance problems using the plugin with Internet Explorer 6/7.
    I personally use Firefox but a lot of users must use IE, so...

I use a border layout with a treePanel menu in the west and a tabPanel inthe center region.
    A new grid takes about 10 s to render (once the tab is created). So is the first invocation of the form (7s)

With Firefox, everything is OK (1 or 2s for the first render).

The form performance problem is the same on recordform.extjs.eu

Any suggestion is welcomed.

Thanks,

Loic
    First time the form is displayed it is created in fact. All subsequent show/hide cycles should be faster

Ext User
    Vote Rating
    loic is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by jsakalos View Post
    First time the form is displayed it is created in fact. All subsequent show/hide cycles should be faster
    It works as you say. But do you have an idea on what can explain the difference between IE et Firefox ? As I say in the previous post, it takes 10s to load a grid from the click on the west panel where Firefox takes only 1s. And 7s for the form vs 1s.

If it can help, I can put online an example application...

Thread Participants: 97

1. franklt69 (1 Post)
  2. Wolfgang (1 Post)
  3. mystix (1 Post)
  4. cobnet (8 Posts)
  5. chiphi13 (4 Posts)
  6. mike1993 (1 Post)
  7. violinista (1 Post)
  8. hui2008 (4 Posts)
  9. AlxH (12 Posts)
  10. oracio (1 Post)
  11. CINUE (2 Posts)