Ext User
    Vote Rating
    marcossoft is on a distinguished road

Default Why some Config Options are not found in the API ?

Why some Config Options are not found in the API ?

Hi all,

I'm in front of the Absolute Layout sample provided with Ext 2.0 and some Config Options are out of the API and I've made some experiments commenting then .... and I've noticed that they have a huge visual impact on the created FormPanel ....

Below I've put the properties that I didn't find in the API and I would like to know where can I find more info about these properties ....

Code:
    Ext.onReady(function() {
        var form = new Ext.form.FormPanel({
            baseCls: 'x-plain',
            layout:'absolute', /* Not found in the FormPanel's Config  Options :(( */
            url:'save-form.php', /* Not found in the FormPanel's Config  Options :(( */
            defaultType: 'textfield', /* Found but not clear to understand :(( */
    Appreciate any help !!!
    Thank you very much !!!
    Marcos

Ext User
    Vote Rating

Quote Originally Posted by marcossoft View Post
    Hi all,

I'm in front of the Absolute Layout sample provided with Ext 2.0 and some Config Options are out of the API and I've made some experiments commenting then .... and I've noticed that they have a huge visual impact on the created FormPanel ....

Below I've put the properties that I didn't find in the API and I would like to know where can I find more info about these properties ....

Code:
    Ext.onReady(function() {
    Appreciate any help !!!
    Thank you very much !!!
    Marcos
    Could some l33t help with this
    Thanks
    Marcos

Sencha - Ext JS Dev Team Animal's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    Animal has a spectacular aura about Animal has a spectacular aura about Animal has a spectacular aura about

Quote Originally Posted by marcossoft View Post
    Hi all,

Code:
    Ext.onReady(function() {
    Appreciate any help !!!
    Thank you very much !!!
    Marcos
    FormPanel uses layout:'form'. That config has been explicitly removed from FormPanel.

From the FormPanel docs: Although they are not listed, this class also accepts all the config options required to configure its internal Ext.form.BasicForm

Things are never easy to understand at first. How would you document that?

Ext User
    Vote Rating

Quote Originally Posted by Animal View Post
    How would you document that?
    As I'm not a 'native english speaker' (I could be wrong...) but the snippet above clearly indicates that you're trying to overwhelm me. IMHO you need some NETIQUETTE http://www.albion.com/netiquette/corerules.html before yell with other people.

Thanks a lot

Ext User
    Vote Rating
    mjlecomte will become famous soon enough mjlecomte will become famous soon enough

I didn't take it to mean he was yelling. I took it to mean he was trying to emphasize the 'you' in it, to specifically ask for how would you phrase it to make the point clearer. It was probably clear to him, and not to you. So he's asking you how you might rephrase it.

Don't be so testy.

Edit: further thought. if you don't like the way it was set up, this is your thread. You have the perfect opportunity to explain what you've found out to relay to others. Sometimes the docs actually refer to forum threads for further information!

Vote Rating
    Animal has a spectacular aura about Animal has a spectacular aura about Animal has a spectacular aura about

I'm using intonation that I'd use in speech.

OK, to rephrase, hoping for a response to the question this time, how would you document that?

Ext User
    Vote Rating

Quote Originally Posted by Animal View Post
    I'm using intonation that I'd use in speech.

OK, to rephrase, hoping for a response to the question this time, how would you document that?
    I would document like this http://java.sun.com/docs/books/tutor...ut/visual.html

Regards
    Marcos

Vote Rating

How would that explain

defaultType: 'textfield', /* Found but not clear to understand */

Vote Rating

As you posted some documentation that happened to be about layout managers, well, I'm not sure why, but if you want to know about them, look here: http://extjs.com/learn/Ext_2_Overview#Layout_Managers

Thread Participants: 2