Ext User
    Vote Rating
    chriswa is on a distinguished road

Default Recommended way to get EditorGridPanel to send changes back to the server?

Recommended way to get EditorGridPanel to send changes back to the server?

I've got a great looking EditorGridPanel using a Store hooked up to JSONReader. I have a quaint little server app spitting out the correct JSON and everything is working beautifully. Now I want to start sending my changes back to the server and am wondering which way to proceed. ExtJS has been pleasantly plug and play so far, but I can't seem to find any simple way to get ExtJS to start sending changes back to the server.

The closest I've gotten on my own to an answer is in the description of Store.commitChanges:

To handle updates for changes, subscribe to the Store's "update" event, and perform updating when the third parameter is Ext.data.Record.COMMIT.
    From which I gather that I'll need to hand-code something to compile a list of changes, then fire them off with my own custom AJAX requests. Do I really have to build my own AJAX postback system from scratch? Is there a class/plugin/extension out there that will save me from reinventing the wheel? Am I missing something obvious?

Thanks in advance,
    Chris

Sencha - Community Support Team jay@moduscreate.com's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all

Hi chris,

Yes, everytime you want to 'commit' to the store, you're going to want to fire of an XHR.

My suggestion is to fire the XHR first, then fire the commit. This way when the XHR returns successful : true, then you know the db has been updated.

Sencha - Community Support Team jay@moduscreate.com's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all

Welcome to the forums btw

Ext User
    Vote Rating
    chriswa is on a distinguished road

Thanks, glad to be here!

After digging a little deeper, I found WriteStore and added a note to the Grid FAQ here:

http://extjs.com/forum/showthread.ph...618#post156618

Thread Participants: 1