Vote Rating
    sheesh-kebab is on a distinguished road

Default EPL 1.0 and GPL licenses are incompatible

EPL 1.0 and GPL licenses are incompatible

Hi -

btw, I just glanced through the licensing for Ext GWT and noticed that Ext GWT uses code licensed under Eclipse Public License (EPL 1.0), and mentions this license in the /license folder.

EPL 1.0 License is incompatible with the GPL license and products licensed under GPL cannot be bundled with the code licensed under EPL. The the revers is also true - EPL licensed code cannot contain GPL code.

For more info, read here (or have your lawyers review the licenses):

http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/license-list.html
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eclipse_Public_License

In such, I don't think Ext GWT is licensed properly under the GPL open source license.

Thanks,
    sheesh

Sencha - GXT Dev Team darrellmeyer's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    darrellmeyer is on a distinguished road

Thanks Sheesh. We are looking into this.

Banned
    Vote Rating
    buzz is on a distinguished road

Any word on when the licensing issue is going to be resolved.

Vote Rating

We will be addressing the license issue later today.

Banned
    Vote Rating

Any update? I'm afraid that the API is going to change again due to this issue and don't want to spend a lot of time refactoring my code.

Ext User
    Vote Rating
    trophytoolbox is on a distinguished road

Yes, what's happening with this?

Ext User
    Vote Rating
    drz is on a distinguished road

Does this issue have an impact on the use of 0.5.2 for a commercial usage?

Banned
    Vote Rating

Darrell, I would appreaciate a response on this at the earliest. I've been told stop evaluating Ext GWT till the violations have been corrected as technically we shouldn't even be downloading a product that has a known license violation.
    I'm sure you are aware that the EPL clearly states
    a work created by combining a work licensed under the GPL with a work licensed under the EPL cannot be lawfully distributed.

Ext User
    Vote Rating
    zaccret is on a distinguished road

Where is the code under EPL ?

Vote Rating

Because of the conflict with the GPL and EPL, all EPL code in Ext GWT has been removed. This mainly impacts the Viewer implementation.

Ext GWT was already moving away from the Viewer code, in favor of the Ext based Store and new data loading API. The store and data loading API now support all features lost with the viewer code. Store supports StoreSorter, StoreFilter, and remote data loading. Also, Store is now an abstract base class with specialized ListStore and TreeStore subclasses.

There is a new branch in SVN that contains the new code for beta 3. For SVN users, it can be found at http://code.extjs.com/svn/gxt/branches/beta3. However, the code is not fully functional at this time. We recommend waiting for beta3 before moving to the new code. The branch will be brought back to the trunk when beta 3 is released. We have been working around the clock to get these changes implemented and hope to have beta 3 out by Monday.

We have started adding content to the wiki for Ext GWT. There is a new document covering the new data loading and store API. This document walks through the data loading, store, and binder classes. There will be more documents to follow.
    We apologize for the API changes, but the EPL code had to be removed. Also, the Fx package has been updated to use the GWT 1.5 Animation class. The Moo Tools based code has been removed. With these changes, the Ext GWT library does not use code based on any third party code or libraries.

If anyone has any questions or comments, feel free to reply to this post.

Code:
    Darrell, I would appreciate a response on this at the earliest. I've been told stop evaluating Ext GWT till the violations have been corrected as technically we shouldn't even be downloading a product that has a known license violation.
    It is only a violation if you distribute your code. However, this is no longer an issue as the EPL code has been removed.

Code:
    Does this issue have an impact on the use of 0.5.2 for a commercial usage?
    No, license changes are not retroactive.

Code:
    Any update? I'm afraid that the API is going to change again due to this issue and don't want to spend a lot of time refactoring my code.
    Unfortunately, the API had to be changed. We are very happy with the new design and believe you find it easy to use and less complex than the viewer code.

film izle

hd film izle

film sitesi

takipci kazanma sitesi

takipci kazanma sitesi

güzel olan herşey

takipci alma sitesi

komik eğlenceli videolar